MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Trade Anthro 1A03 2D for Anthro 1Z03 2E DFKMcDonough Academics 6 08-10-2010 05:18 PM
Health Sci 3L03 gmoney Academics 0 07-12-2010 12:53 PM
Trading Anthro 1A03 1D for Anthro 1A03 2E VoyozooT Academics 0 07-06-2009 01:00 PM
Anthro! haleighfox Academics 15 01-07-2008 09:12 AM

Anthro 3L03

Anthro 3L03
History of Anthropology
Published by lorend
06-15-2008
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Author review
Overall Rating
70%70%70%
Professor Rating
70%70%70%
Interest
60%60%60%
Easiness
70%70%70%
Average 68%
Anthro 3L03

I did not like this course, and the fact that it was a three hour night class likely did not help the situation. I found I spent a great deal of my time sleeping in the back of class.

I found the content very dry...nothing like 15th-20th century anthropological theory to bore the pants off of you.

The major term paper saved this course for me...I got to write on whatever I wanted, which was nice.

Our final exam was ridiculously hard. I studied for over 20 hours and still didn't know how to answer most of the multiple choice questions that composed our exam.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Anthro 3L03!

Old 12-10-2008 at 09:10 PM   #2
strone
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: Third

Liked: 0 Times
Anthro 3L03 2008
my experience in this class was pretty different.
it was taught by a new prof, dr. yong.
he clearly hated the class, as did many of the students.

i personally didn't mind it that much. it was pretty boring, and the readings were tedious and long.
he also didn't make a coursepack, forcing us to photocopy $15 worth of readings that were on course reserve at the library.

assignments
  • 4 middle stakes (basically one page single spaced summaries of readings. he shortened it to 3)ake
  • midterm paper (8-10 pages)
  • take home exam essay (8-10 pages)
  • attendance and participation
overall, i think he would be a very interesting prof perhaps in a different course situation. he had a lot of stories about field work which are always fun to hear.
  Reply With Quote Deleted Post Deleted Post

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search