MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drop Commerce 2BA3?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ smshlyxlhl Academics 1 10-15-2010 01:50 AM
Drop Commerce 2BA3? smshlyxlhl General Discussion 3 10-13-2010 04:26 AM
Dropping Commerce 2BA3? biggzzz Academics 4 01-07-2009 06:58 PM

Commerce 2BA3 Full...again.

Old 06-10-2010 at 12:56 AM   #1
pogy

Liked: 0 Times

Commerce 2BA3 Full...again.
My faculty is Social Science, and I want to minor in Business. Last year I tried to get into Marketing 2MA3 and Organizational Behaviour 2BA3. Both classes were full.

Now, this year I was able to get into Marketing 2MA3, but not 2BA3. There is no way it can be "full" yet, as second year commerce students have yet to select. I can only guess that they are reserving seats for them.

What can I do to get in?
Old 06-10-2010 at 01:02 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Try pestering the business department through email to open a spot for you.
Old 06-10-2010 at 01:16 AM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogy View Post
My faculty is Social Science, and I want to minor in Business. Last year I tried to get into Marketing 2MA3 and Organizational Behaviour 2BA3. Both classes were full.

Now, this year I was able to get into Marketing 2MA3, but not 2BA3. There is no way it can be "full" yet, as second year commerce students have yet to select. I can only guess that they are reserving seats for them.

What can I do to get in?
There isn't much you can do since there are only 40 spots in each course for a Business minor available to those outside Eng and Management or Commerce. I know, 'cause I'm one of them too.

Luckily, I'm taking 2BA3 right now (it's pretty great so far) so I don't have to worry about it in the fall. However, 2BC3 filled up before I could take it, so I'm kind of screwed in that regard.

Also if anyone reading this has gotten a 2BC3 spot, I'll trade you a 2QA3 spot for it. =\

Last edited by Entropy : 06-10-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: edited posts make quotes inconsistent
Old 06-10-2010 at 01:34 AM   #4
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
There isn't much you can do. There are only 40 spots in each course for a Business minor available to those outside Eng and Management or Commerce. Don't worry though, I'm one of them too.

Luckily, I'm taking 2BA3 right now (it's pretty great so far) so I don't have to worry about it in the fall. However, 2BC3 filled up before I could take it, so I'm kind of screwed in that regard.

Also if anyone reading this has gotten a 2BC3 spot, I'll trade you a 2QA3 spot for it. =\
I feel comfy having my 2BA3 registration done, good Doctor. <3

Old 06-10-2010 at 02:18 AM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
I feel comfy having my 2BA3 registration done, good Doctor. <3
Congrats, and on Management too. Hopefully you'll be able to roll Austin; seems profs are still TBD so it's likely.

I had the real prof sit in one of my lectures a while back though. It seemed like she was being evaluated, I hope she didn't fail. :(
Old 06-10-2010 at 10:26 AM   #6
jenn_y

Liked: 0 Times

email academic advisor/business dept to open a spot for you or just wait.
btw i'm selling my textbook if you're interested