MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UTM commerce Transfer to Mcmaster commerce II Tyuop Academics 4 06-08-2011 09:18 PM
Upper Year Commerce Students - Commerce 1st year report CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 03-13-2011 07:46 PM
Anyone dropping commerce 2fa3 and commerce 4pa3 kunwaro Academics 3 01-04-2011 11:59 AM

Commerce Help Wanted

Old 06-08-2011 at 11:11 PM   #1
Aysha_SM

Liked: 0 Times

Commerce Help Wanted
Hey everyone,

My brother's starting at Mac this fall, and he's looking for textbooks and notes for first year as well as second year Commerce. We're willing to pay for notes. If anyone is willing to help him out, please send me a private message to figure out a time to meet.

Thanks .
Old 06-09-2011 at 12:22 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

a) Books is vague. Commerce I is also very broad. He'll have a lot of different choices between a lot of different classes. Sure, there are the requireds like econ and comp sci, but he'll have a choice between psych, anthro, poli sci, etc. Catch my drift? You should wait till you at least know what courses you're enrolled in.

Which brings me to my next point:

b) You should wait till you know what courses you're enrolled in definitely AND which textbooks they are using definitely. Just because it SAYS required on the course outline, doesn't mean it is. Just because the prof INSISTS that you should get the latest edition $200 dollar edition, doesn't mean you can't get away with the 60% discounted previous edition.

On the flip side, there's no way to predict what book a prof is going to use this coming year. I'm pretty sure that shit is highly volatile.

3) For the love of all that is good and chocolatey, do NOT buy notes. Especially not first year notes. Here's why.
1) Confusing about something? Use your textbook? Not in there? Google it. Lemme repeat that. Google it. There's not a single thing you learn in first year that can't be found on the internet. And it probably explains it way better than any prof or student could.

2) Very rarely will you ever have to worry about having to write super fast in order not to miss any notes. I'm making up this number, but I'd say 90% of my classes have ALL had Powerpoint notes provided to us while we would take up the number examples in class (that's the jist of it). I think the exception was a first year history course I took and ECON 2X03 with Aswani, but that guy writes fuucking slow.

3) I forgot 3, I'm high.
Please just... tell him to breathe and shit. He has so much time to worry about this, and the last thing you want is to be unnecessarily losing out on money before you have to dish out your tuition.

Also, I read (after writing this) the part where it says you're in 4th year... Why couldn't you just tell him this? ;D

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-09-2011 at 12:52 AM   #3
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Gotta agree with Lawley on this one. Tell him to relax, first year is broad and very easy. If he wants to be productive during the summer tell him to find some books about finance/accounting/marketing and obtain some real world knowledge. Also it doesn't hurt to learn more about the housing bubble.
Old 06-09-2011 at 01:47 AM   #4
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

No, get your books NOW!!!!!

PM me if you need any, I have them all.

icecubz likes this.
Old 06-09-2011
bbsall701
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-09-2011
Cliu91
This message has been removed by a moderator. .