MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Choosing A Minor-Environmental Studies, Geography and Geography and Earth Sciences Ish001 Academics 2 09-08-2011 02:07 PM
Geog 2HI3:Geographies of Death jo87 General Discussion 5 04-12-2011 04:39 PM
Geog 2HI3 midterm Kathy2 Academics 6 02-14-2011 04:21 PM
Geography 2HI3 Kathy2 Academics 1 01-25-2011 11:48 AM

Geography 2HI3

Geography 2HI3
Health Geography
Published by AztekEscobar
08-16-2011
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
70%70%70%
Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
70%70%70%
Average 75%
Geography 2HI3

This was on of my favorite courses that I took. The assignments were fairly simple and midterm and exam where purely essay based. Interesting course based on Health and geography.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Geography 2HI3!

Old 08-22-2011 at 03:49 PM   #2
nithla55

Liked: 1 Time
I'm taking this course this year, thanks for the review! Were the assignments time consuming?
Old 08-23-2011 at 02:36 PM   #3
AztekEscobar

Liked: 2 Times
Hey,

the assignments were not too time consuming. The first one consisted of cancer rates in Chernobyl and basically seeing the damage caused to people by the disaster. the second one is on breast cancer rates in Canada. Overall, the are not too difficult but you should be able to find articles to help back your arguments, these of which are difficult to find.
Old 11-08-2011 at 11:59 AM   #4
aschneider

Liked: 0 Times
Hi there,

Could you please post the course break down? (weighting of assignments, midterm(s), final)

Thanks

Old 01-02-2012 at 08:05 PM   #5
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times
how useful was the textbook for this course? is it worth buying? its human frontiers environments and disease

wajiha664921 likes this.
Old 03-07-2012 at 09:58 PM   #6
KatieP

This is a great class but the material gets kinda dry some times especially in a room that is soo hot it puts you to sleep!
other then that love this course!
Old 04-27-2012 at 08:11 PM   #7
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times
So I guess I can review this class now! I loved this class, I found the content to be really interesting.
We basically talked about disease.. how disease affects people in different places, how environment effects disease, disease in the past, etc etc
The professor (Dr Eyles) was okay, you pretty much didnt have to go to lectures if you didnt want to because he put everything on the slides and just read off them. He also put a LOTTTTTT of graphs and charts and pictures, like half the lecture slides would just be graphs, but he was a good prof.
The mark breakdown was 40% essays ([email protected]% each), 20% midterm, 40% exam.
The essays were pretty simple, essay 1 was about Chernobyl, basically you have 3 questions to answer in essay form and he gives you a bunch of websites to get your info from. The second essay was about breast cancer rates in canada, again you are given 3 questions to answer in the essay and some articles to get the information from. In both essays you have to apply your knowledge of what you've learned in class, but it wasn't very hard.
The midterm was 4 long answer questions about what you learned in class. If you look through the notes you can kind of get an idea of what the questions will be about (main topics we've focused on).
The final exam was 2 essays, you get a list of like 6 and pick 2. It was content from after the midterm so again you could look through the content and have a good idea of what he'll ask.
The textbook was almostttttttttt not needed.... I found a version online so I just read through it a bit but I think you'd be able to get by without it.
If you're good at writing and enjoy health and geography then this is a fantastic course !

Mango99, nlobo all say thanks to kirsten..! for this post.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:05 AM   #8
Husnia

Liked: 2 Times
Sorry to be a buzzkill...
Alright, this was definitely one of my least favourite courses last year.

Firstly, the location was horrible. May change this year but not entirely sure. It was in ITB but in the basement, so no air whatsoever. You'd leave literally drenched and quenched. Couldn't concentrate whatsoever.

Also, it's not necessarily that the material is dry or anything. It's not particularly the most interesting thing I've learnt, but I wasn't poking my eyes out or anything. It's more the prof that I could barely handle. That's what was dry. I was falling asleep constantly, it was the worst.

The assignments were decent I guess, they seemed to be simple but either the marking scheme was a lot tougher than outline or it was just my TA, as my friend and I were both in the class and we worked on the assignments together, yet received totally different marks. The final was decent as well, nothing too crazy. I don't know about the midterm though because I actually deferred it, so my final was worth a lovely 60%.

Anyways, not necessarily a 'bird' course or anything, but it's not necessarily super difficult to do alright in the course.
Old 01-10-2013 at 11:08 PM   #9
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times
I was wondering how the midterm and exam are in this class, considering they're essay based questions.
Old 05-27-2017 at 03:20 PM   #10
TheHound

Any updated reviews?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search