MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Stats 2MB3 _Mike Academics 1 12-21-2011 04:30 PM
Choosing A Minor-Environmental Studies, Geography and Geography and Earth Sciences Ish001 Academics 2 09-08-2011 02:07 PM
Stats 2D03 and Stats 2MB3 dacrown4life Academics 0 08-11-2007 09:03 PM

Geography 2MB3

Geography 2MB3
?
Published by wajiha664921
12-21-2011
Published by

Geography 2MB3

Hey I'm taking this course and one of my TA's said its a hard course ?

Is it really hard if you hate GIS and you did bad in that course? Also my math sucks people said there's math involved?
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Geography 2MB3!

Old 03-07-2012 at 10:00 PM   #2
KatieP

Liked: 0 Times
This class is interesting and it is really easy to understand but the course work book is worded poorly and the assignments are unclear of what needs to be submitted
The TA's dont start the lab explaining the assignment you just get started and everyone get stuck on the same questions
But! as soon as you do get the questions from the assignments! lol ur like oh!!!! thats it!
so its easy and hard!
but very time consuming
Old 04-27-2012 at 08:15 PM   #3
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times
I didnt really know what to expect going into this class ... I hate math so I was expecting to do terrrrrible, but in the end I finished with a great mark.
The course was basically teaching us ways to analyze geographic/environmental information. In the beginning we learned about mean/median/mode, standard deviation, etc etc, then we started learning about covariance and correlation and stuff like that.
I found that the professor (Dr Newbold) was really good, he went over a lot of examples which helped me to understand a lot better.

The breakdown of marks was 50% labs ([email protected]%, [email protected]%), 15% midterm, 35% exam.
There was a 2 hour lab every week, and you had a lab to hand in every 3ish weeks. They basically brought you through excel/S+ to analyze data, and you used arcGIS a couple times too. The workbook tries to take you step by step through what youre supposed to do, but I found it pretty difficult to follow at times... so try to work with a group of friends! I found the labs definitely helped my mark a TON.
The midterm seemed really easy. The exam was hard because we didn't know exactly what to expect..
I found that going to class helped me to understand, I read the textbook to understand a bit better/to reference during labs, but many people found they didn't always need the textbook. Definitely work hard on the labs because once you understand what youre doing its easy to get 85%+ on each labs and that really helps your mark.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search