MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accelerated Nursing: What to expect lifesci09 Academics 2 04-18-2013 06:05 PM
What to expect on first day!? jsingher First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-07-2012 01:05 PM
When can I expect my Student Card? Scurvette First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-03-2012 07:29 PM
When to expect first term grade reports Duncanrob First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 01-03-2012 03:20 PM
Ladies, you really expect us to walk pass a garden and not look at the flowers? PHLN General Discussion 71 03-08-2011 11:26 PM

Moving in day, what to expect?

Old 07-23-2013 at 07:49 PM   #1
1nfinite

Liked: 0 Times

Moving in day, what to expect?
Hi guys!
So I'll be moving into Les Prince on the 31st so I was just wondering what to expect?

Where do I pick up my keys?
What happens with my bags/boxes?
Are my parents allowed to come up to my room, or do they just leave?

I just want a general idea of what to expect on move-in day!

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-23-2013 at 08:09 PM   #2
kaytuh

Liked: 6 Times

Where do I pick up my keys?
There will be a desk set up with people. I' m not sure where, it was either be beside your res or at the commons building. That's where you sign in and after you sign in, they'll give you your keys, laundry card, mail box card...etc.

What happens with my bags/boxes?
You label all bags/boxes with your name and room number. The welcome week reps will take it from your car and bring it to your room, you don't have to worry about it.

Are my parents allowed to come up to my room, or do they just leave?
Yes they are allowed to come to your room.

1nfinite says thanks to kaytuh for this post.
Old 07-23-2013 at 08:38 PM   #3
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Lot's of singing and cheering.

And nut swinging......swingin ' mah nuts! Anyone remember that?

MCHEDDENITE, xo.monica like this.
Old 07-23-2013 at 09:24 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

parents can come..would be dumb if they couldnt. also, there wil be tons of signs everywhere so that should answer all your questions.
Old 07-24-2013 at 07:04 AM   #5
redstarr37

Liked: 9 Times

Basically what happens is there will be drop off points where reps with unload your car and bring it all in front of your room, so you still have to bring it all inside but most of the work is already done. Make sure you label them well as you don't want anything being placed in another room. If people are taking long picking up their keys, the hallways tend to pile up and it's all just one big mess.

However you will be asked to carry all valuables like printers and laptops and for good reason. It's quite organized, but with so many people stuff happens.

Not sure if Les Prince offers key pickup closer to the building since it's so far, but usually they'll be table set up just outside the Commons Building. Don't worry if you don't know where that is. They'll be lots of people helping direct traffic.

Your parents came come done and help you unpack. Only thing is once you car has been unloaded, they'll have to find a place to park and then come meet you.

And yes, there'll be non-stop cheering, gyrating, loud music, and just a crap load of energy so prepare yourself.

1nfinite says thanks to redstarr37 for this post.
Old 07-24-2013 at 09:22 AM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

#1: Expect HELL OF TRAFFIC

Go like 1-2 hours before. Expect lots of embarrassing singing. You drive your car into the dropoff area and get swarmed with res reps who will help move your stuff into the lobby and upstairs into your room (except valuables). Make sure you clearly label everything with your name/room number. Since you are at Les Prince, walk to Commons/Centro (the eating cafeteria) to pick up your ethernet cable/keys/other info.

1nfinite says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 07-24-2013 at 10:02 AM   #7
1nfinite

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys!

One last question, is there a long line at the Commons building to pick up the keys?
Old 07-24-2013 at 11:56 AM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nfinite View Post
Thanks guys!

One last question, is there a long line at the Commons building to pick up the keys?
Yessss. Last year, mainly because they changed the system, so hopefully it'll be a little smoother this year. Expect to stand at least for 15-30 minutes depending on when you go (much busier in the afternoon than the morning).
Old 07-24-2013 at 03:04 PM   #9
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

Also, if it's not labeled, we have labels and will try to label your stuff. However, do label it since it makes our job easier.