MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Political Science 2C03 ferreinm 2nd Year Course Reviews 2 05-29-2017 06:44 PM
Political Science 3X03 Kathy2 3rd Year Course Reviews 3 09-13-2011 11:04 AM
Basic Political Science and History Courses lisforlaura Academics 2 12-04-2008 01:14 PM

political science courses!

Old 09-20-2009 at 01:57 AM   #1
rahma_33
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

political science courses!
hello,

I need two more political-science courses, i was wondering if anyone could help me with that. Please don't tell me "take whatever interest you"i already heard that but i just want everyone's opinion on these courses.

POL SCI 2F03 2 POLITICS,POWER&INFLUE NCE:CAN
POL SCI 2H03 GLOBALIZATION&STAT
POL SCI 2I03 GLOBAL POLITICS
POL SCI 2J03 GLOBAL POLT/ECON
Old 09-20-2009 at 11:22 AM   #2
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

I took 2I03 - Global Politics last year with Dr. Alway. It is a really good course. From looking at the course outline for this year the course structure is pretty much the same. If you have ever taken a Dr. Alway course you know that he is an awesome prof. You can tell that he is really invested in what he is lecturing. He knows his stuff!
If you are a going to be taking any future political science courses I would recommend taking 2I03 because it is a pre-requisite for a lot of courses in 3rd year.

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 09-20-2009 at 12:10 PM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

I completely ditto the above poster.

You should also seriously consider 2F03 because a course in Canadian Politics is required as of 09/10 if you're doing honours, combined honours, or a b.a in poli sci.
Old 09-20-2009 at 02:23 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You should also consider 2C03, which will give you a greater understanding of some of the issues within Canada

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-20-2009 at 02:59 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

2I03 is a good course because it gives you a great basic knowledge of international relations. Also, it's a prereq for a lot of third and fourth year courses.

2F03 is also a popular prereq, and it's always good to have some Canadian politics background.
Old 09-21-2009 at 09:37 AM   #6
John H

Liked: 21 Times

so taking 2I03, 2F03, and 2o06 (required) would be a good idea if you're majoring in poli sci?
Old 09-21-2009 at 10:27 AM   #7
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
so taking 2I03, 2F03, and 2o06 (required) would be a good idea if you're majoring in poli sci?
If you're talking about next year, I would also highly recommend 2A06 if they're offering it again. It was a great course, amazing professor, and a course in comparative politics is required for some of the better upper year classes.
Old 09-21-2009 at 02:35 PM   #8
John H

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
If you're talking about next year, I would also highly recommend 2A06 if they're offering it again. It was a great course, amazing professor, and a course in comparative politics is required for some of the better upper year classes.
Ok thanks... I don't have room for comparative politics as it's only avaliable in first term. How's global political economy?
Old 09-26-2009 at 02:13 PM   #9
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
Ok thanks... I don't have room for comparative politics as it's only avaliable in first term. How's global political economy?
Global Political Economy (GPE) and International Relations (IR) - 2J03 & 2I03 - are the most important courses for upper year, especially if you have any intention of getting involved with int'l politics.