MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
WTF Ontario just got 40 million times worse maksym General Discussion 24 11-06-2010 02:45 AM
Seeking Student Support for the Wilson Building (new Liberal Arts Building) finklej MacInsiders Announcements 41 10-31-2010 11:29 PM
Liberal Arts Grant lorend Misc 0 11-06-2007 10:11 AM

$45.5 Million for new Liberal Arts Building

Old 06-24-2011 at 08:51 AM   #15
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President
Program: Humanities (General)
Year: Fourth

Liked: 187 Times
Heh, so true.
Old 06-24-2011 at 08:54 AM   #16
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

So the deal with email is contract negotiations. With University of Alberta they wanted to include provincial law in their contract and Mac wants to do the same in order to protect the security of us. The only issue I have is that the inclusion of this aspect may take some time. On the bright side they recently got the page up where you agree to switch over to Gmail from MUSS and we are discussing the possibility of having tutorial videos so students know how to use the different features available with this new system.

Last edited by MD-L : 06-24-2011 at 08:57 AM.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-24-2011 at 01:58 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
So the deal with email is contract negotiations. With University of Alberta they wanted to include provincial law in their contract and Mac wants to do the same in order to protect the security of us. The only issue I have is that the inclusion of this aspect may take some time. On the bright side they recently got the page up where you agree to switch over to Gmail from MUSS and we are discussing the possibility of having tutorial videos so students know how to use the different features available with this new system.
Is it exactly the same format as normal Gmail?
Old 06-24-2011 at 03:21 PM   #18
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

It should be, I went through the demo system back in October and having looked at other schools the only difference is that it will include the MSU logo and your email address should stay the same as your current account.

So you will get the Calendar which you can share with other students, student groups etc, and Google docs which you can share with classmates etc.

jhan523 says thanks to MD-L for this post.
Old 06-24-2011 at 03:27 PM   #19
UlteriorMtve
Year: Other

Liked: 199 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-L View Post
It should be, I went through the demo system back in October and having looked at other schools the only difference is that it will include the MSU logo and your email address should stay the same as your current account.

So you will get the Calendar which you can share with other students, student groups etc, and Google docs which you can share with classmates etc.
I haven't really been keeping up with this discussion so forgive me if my question has already been answered.

When is the estimated date when the system will go online?
Old 06-24-2011 at 03:29 PM   #20
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

No worries, right now the university is aiming for it to be fully launched and ready for September, but there is an issue which is the contract. Basically in order to include provincial law in the UofA contract it took a few months and it looks like that is what Mac is trying to do. For right now the deadline is September but if that changes I will be notifying students immediately.

Last edited by MD-L : 06-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Purple2309, Shmowen, tatski-p, UlteriorMtve all say thanks to MD-L for this post.
Old 06-27-2011
111dalewood
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-06-2011 at 03:18 PM   #21
spenceman91
Program: Biology
Residence: Brandon 09-10

Liked: 9 Times
Even though I'm in science, I'm glad to see the liberal arts are being given more space - It seems like Mac's priorities are in the right place in bettering our school for all students, not just those in science and engineering. This is an example of Mac moving forward to becoming a more well-rounded institution that will be renowned not only for science but for every subject, and that's something that will make all students and alumni proud.

Kris_M says thanks to spenceman91 for this post.

Biochem47, J. Dorey, Kris_M, MD-L like this.
Old 07-06-2011 at 03:37 PM   #22
lux
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Other

Liked: 318 Times
Good job MDL, you're doing such a great job so far. Best MSU president so far during my time at mac. Ur BOSS
Old 07-06-2011 at 03:51 PM   #23
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Hey thanks George!

I would love to take credit for this project but to be honest it was more something the MSU was a part in last year, we just happened to reap the benefit of it this year. That said, I intend to continue the pressure the MSU put on the provincial government following for the renovations of the Arts Quad following the provincial election.

But like I said thanks, and there should be some more good things coming out from the MSU soon!
Old 07-06-2011 at 04:02 PM   #24
MiniDragon
Program: Civil Engineering & Management
Year: Third

Liked: 60 Times
When does construction start? Where on campus will the building be?
Old 07-06-2011 at 04:06 PM   #25
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Construction is slated to begin in 2013, however, the actual location has not been chosen. The reason for this is that there a number of groups within Wentworth House including; MSA, MACycle, Grad Students Association, CUPE and the Childcare center. These groups must have space on campus before construction can begin and for this reason the site might change.

The planning for the building will take place over 2012 so I will be able to update everyone once the plans are set.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search