MacInsiders Logo

Abnormal Psychology 2AP3

Abnormal Psychology 2AP3
Fun class to an extent
Published by flos
12-18-2011
Published by

Abnormal Psychology 2AP3

Firstly, if you are taking this class because it seems interesting and you don't want your average to go down, then don't take it.
This is a fun course, it teaches basics about the most important Mental Illnesses today. Dr. Day is a great professor. He posts lecture slides + voice recordings on-line, just in case you miss a class.
His course-ware is very handy. I recommend you buy it.
Dr. Day's tests are hard simply because you have to memorize as much as you can, and also, you HAVE to read the book, because there will be questions on it. What I find about the tests is that the right answers (MC only, there are no short answers), are very easy to pick if you have memorized the material, and if you don't over-think them.
Cheers

afrinn says thanks to flos for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Abnormal Psychology 2AP3!

Old 01-02-2012 at 10:04 PM   #2
robiet
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
thanks for the review
  Reply With Quote Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-03-2012 at 06:40 PM   #3
grevillj
Program: Biology and Psychology
Year: Third

Make sure you read the book!!!! and dont miss guess lectures, caue those are easy marks you can get. When debating to take abnormal psych, remember that university isnt always about the mark you receive, but very much about the information you learn and its relevance in your life. If you are interested in abnormal psychology, I highly recommend taking it!
Old 01-05-2012 at 10:33 AM   #4
megaqtips

do the online quiz, they are really helpful

Old 03-25-2012 at 06:12 PM   #5
camilla65

Tips:
1.For sure do the practice questions over and over, until they become second nature, but beware some words may be changed on the actual midterms.
2.When reading the textbook focus on info that is not covered in class.

In general I found the material somewhat interesting, I didn't feel like the tests challenged my ability to really think about topics discussed in class rather my ability to regurgitate and memorize stats, theories and practice questions. I am probably one of the few students who prefer Dr.O to Dr.Day, but I enjoyed the guest lectures.
Old 03-28-2012 at 05:25 PM   #6
habinsle
Program: Nursing
Residence: Brandon 09-10

The course notes that Dr. Day publishes are a great source...the questions that he asks on the tests can entirely be found in either those notes or the textbook. It's well worth your money, especially if detailed note taking isn't your forte.
Old 04-08-2012 at 02:59 PM   #7
granda
Program: Business

what is the course breakdown? Does it only consist of quizzes and midterms or are there assignments as well and how much are each of these worth?
Old 05-21-2012 at 11:32 AM   #8
lt93
Program: Life Science

Liked: 69 Times
Two midterms both worth 30% so you can't MSAF any of them! And the exam is worth 40%. This class was very interesting and it was great to be able to listen to the lectures online. The courseware is so worth it, he's been teaching this class for so long that he has everything he's going to say pretty much memorized and it's all written down in the courseware. I would bring it to class and add in little notes but mostly I would just highlight the things he said that were in the courseware so you don't have to take crazy notes!

The one thing I disliked about this course were the readings. The readings were brutally long, especially the first set and he would put around 7-8 questions on the midterm from the textbook and they could sometimes be very specific and after reading so much I didn't remember small details! Also the readings don't always go with the material in class.

Other then that it was a great class and Dr. Day is a great prof and always willing to answer questions, even during class time which got a bit annoying sometimes.
Old 06-04-2012 at 03:06 AM   #9
jimimusic
Program: Science
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 11 Times
honestly, if you just memorize the answer bank on the sample quizes, you can get 75% in the course because the 25% is found in the textbook.
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:55 PM   #10
jess1503

thanks for the help!!
Old 09-06-2012 at 05:40 PM   #11
alieb
Faculty: Science
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS

thanks for these reviews, they really helped
Old 09-09-2012 at 04:22 PM   #12
OLIVIA.A

LOL - thanks for the review
Old 12-12-2012 at 07:12 PM   #13
mjin416

thanks for the review!
Old 12-16-2012 at 05:56 PM   #14
reka19

since the final exam is cumulative? did he take exact questions from the previous two midterms?
Old 12-22-2012 at 06:55 PM   #15
mbasuita

The key to this class it to memorize the slides really well, especially the % incidence and other numbers. It's definitely not a bird course, but if you're good at memorizing then take it.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search