MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
reinstatement or probation Qtips Academics 8 07-13-2010 11:24 PM
With regards to Reinstatement and Probation Mr. Pink Academics 33 06-01-2010 11:22 PM
Academic Probation njd123 Academics 3 05-30-2010 10:05 PM
what does academic probation mean for science? macbaby07 Academics 14 05-29-2010 11:04 PM

Academic Probation for OSAP

Old 08-10-2009 at 10:34 AM   #1
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

Academic Probation for OSAP
Hi,

I went to check on the status of my OSAP application today and saw this.

"You have been placed on academic probation for OSAP purposes. Because you have not maintained satisfactory academic progress, you must provide a letter of explanation outlining your situation including the reason(s) you have not progressed academically. This letter should also outline your academic objectives. You must also provide a copy of your transcripts from previous institutions for the past two years of study (if applicable)."

I had to apply for reinstatement and got accepted into McMaster for September. I spent the last year at Mohawk College and did not apply for OSAP then. I just don't know what to write in this letter. Do I even need to fill one out, or should I just tell them I already got reinstated? Has anyone gotten this before?
[/size]
Old 08-10-2009 at 10:49 AM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Just write a formal letter explaining everything that you've done, including your reinstatement, where you were last year, etc etc. Make sure to include any documents that support this (like your reinstatement, transcript from both schools, transfer papers). Or perhaps you could just call OSAP or McMaster's financial aid office and ask what you should do specifically.