90%90%90%
Clarity
100%100%100%
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Average 88%
Anthony Tambureno

Labour Studies 1CO3(E)

The courseware is really interesting but repetitive, this helps you to understand the concepts and memorize. If you are okay with memorizing, this course is for you and so is the prof. He drinks a lot of water, perhaps to fuel his passion for the course, but the stats provided are outdated (1970's, etc) and he overstates how bad capitalism is. Very helpful, his marks are given in chunks.

Term Paper: 40%
Mid-Term: 20%
Final Exam: 30%
Tutorial: 10%

The tutorial marks are a gimmie, his exam review tells you what is on the exam and even gives you some choice. HOWEVER, you have to know the answer inside out to get full marks.

Overall, he is fair and a good guy. His lectures are interesting and he wants you to do well. But he is a commie
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Anthony Tambureno!

Old 07-22-2008 at 04:11 PM   #2
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times
Tambureno was a great professor and I hope he's back to teach at Mac sometime. His lectures were very well organized and it made note taking a breeze. I took Labour Studies 1C03 with him last year.

He organizes his lectures into about 4 or 5 questions which he then answers in great detail throughout the lecture. This makes it really easy to follow along and to summarize your notes afterwards.

Everything that was expected of you in the course was explained in great detail. He told you EXACTLY what it took to get an A which was really helpful considering doing well in these types of classes is always hit or miss.

What I really love about this guy was the immense amount of passion he had for the material he was teaching and for students. He would tell us every day about how to be a successful student and he was always telling us to 'google this' or 'try that' to help us succeed in academics. I've never had a prof do that and I thought it was fantastic. He also put in the effort to get to know students and their goals and would always offer a helping hand.

Overall he's a great professor, and a great guy.

Old 07-23-2008 at 06:00 PM   #3
james2255
Faculty Society VP

Liked: 19 Times
Agreed. Very passionate, one of the most intellectually stimulating classes/lectures I have ever had, even if I didn't agree with the course content and its views.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search