MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trade Anthro 1A03 2D for Anthro 1Z03 2E DFKMcDonough Academics 6 08-10-2010 05:18 PM
Trading Anthro 1A03 1D for Anthro 1A03 2E VoyozooT Academics 0 07-06-2009 01:00 PM

Anthro 1A03 HELP!

Old 12-18-2010 at 07:14 AM   #1
VirenPatel

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Anthro 1A03 HELP!
Hey everyone,

I am a commerce student who is simply fishing for easy electives, I have read the course outline and expectations of this course and I think it will be easy...

I just wanted to get some input from anyone who has taken this course, and their thoughts on it.

Is the course material relatively easy/amusing?
Are the lectures posted on avenue, or are you required to take your own notes?
What type of questions are you asked on the midterm/exam? Multiple choice, short answer, diagrams etc.
Old 12-18-2010 at 07:35 AM   #2
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vir3npat3l View Post
I am a commerce student who is simply fishing for easy electives
Because commerce classes aren't easy enough?

shes-a-diva* likes this.
Old 12-18-2010 at 08:03 AM   #3
VirenPatel

Liked: Liked 2 Times

because there is no such thing as a business program in first year at mac...
Old 12-18-2010 at 12:14 PM   #4
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Lol I had a prof who no longer works at Mac, she was atrociously bad and Anthro was my lowest mark in all of first year. To be fair, it's because I basically played games in class until the last lecture or two.
Old 12-18-2010 at 12:27 PM   #5
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Lol I had a prof who no longer works at Mac, she was atrociously bad and Anthro was my lowest mark in all of first year. To be fair, it's because I basically played games in class until the last lecture or two.
Was it Arrita?
Old 12-18-2010 at 12:34 PM   #6
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Was it Arrita?
Arratia or whatever? Yeah, that one.
Old 12-18-2010 at 12:43 PM   #7
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
I had her too. She was awful. Worst prof I've had.
Old 12-18-2010 at 12:43 PM   #8
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one. It's a torture just to attend one of her lectures. I was literally in agony, so why bother remembering her name when it's a constant reminder that her face resembles Billy the puppet in SAW.

Lets play a game... she says.

(shudders)
Old 12-18-2010 at 01:12 PM   #9
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
I had her too. She was awful. Worst prof I've had.
Same I hated her I stopped attending class. she just read off the slides. The course is easy but she just made it seem impossible. those stupid assignments due on every sunday afternoon where stupid. why would you have an assignment due on a sunday ? is that even allowed ?
Old 12-18-2010 at 02:19 PM   #10
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Her lectures were probably the most painful out of all the classes I've taken. I remember the quizzes, tutorials and book report being easy though, but gawd 9:30 AM on a Friday listening to her, just torture.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-18-2010 at 02:21 PM   #11
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

i was looking at the textbooks for this course on the titles website and saw something odd. the day lectures taught by Mcnenly and the evening lectures taught by cummins differ in terms of text books. mcnenly's books are comepletly different from cummins'. i think the course oulines are going to be different for both cores even though the course is the same. :S
Old 12-18-2010 at 02:22 PM   #12
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
i was looking at the textbooks for this course on the titles website and saw something odd. the day lectures taught by Mcnenly and the evening lectures taught by cummins differ in terms of text books. mcnenly's books are comepletly different from cummins'. i think the course oulines are going to be different for both cores even though the course is the same. :S
Yes, because unlike high school there is no standard curriculum. How the course is taught differs by the prof.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

icecubz says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.
Old 12-18-2010 at 03:47 PM   #13
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
Same I hated her I stopped attending class. she just read off the slides. The course is easy but she just made it seem impossible. those stupid assignments due on every sunday afternoon where stupid. why would you have an assignment due on a sunday ? is that even allowed ?
When I took her class, there were no slides. It was just her talking endlessly about Chile.