Taken Fall 2011 with Colarusso
If you love mythology, this course will be like story time for you.
This course has 5, non-cumulative tests, each for 5 different Indo European corpus of myths (Norse, Russian, Irish, Greek, Indian), with the last test in the exam period.
- enjoyable material, that you can easily recall. If you listen to his lectures and then spend some time reading/going over the text and the courseware, you should be good to go for the most part.
- tests are all MC- most of them are pretty straightforward, a few can be tricky
- the courseware is great- the prof basically summarizes all that he is going to say and ask on the test in it. The books are good supplementary material, that help you but all the information is in there.
- due to the structure of this course, it is very easy to do well because you have several chances to make up your mark and there is no need to retain previous information.
- the lectures are always enjoyable but i recommend sitting in the front to understand him better
- the prof is knowledgeable and very easy going.
Highly recommended even if you have some interest in mythology, no need to have a background in anthropology or even humanities/ social sciences.