MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anthro 1AA3 vs. Anthro 1AB3 Luux Academics 5 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
Trade Anthro 1A03 2D for Anthro 1Z03 2E DFKMcDonough Academics 6 08-10-2010 05:18 PM
Anthro 2RP3 aa84 Academics 2 06-13-2010 10:26 PM
Anthrop 2RP3/2W03 kanthamd Academics 0 06-08-2010 10:59 AM

Anthro 2RP3

Anthro 2RP3
Religion and Power
Published by summercandy
12-21-2012
Published by

Anthro 2RP3

Worst. Class. Ever.

This is not just my opinion. I had talked to at least 10 people throughout the course via avenue since the email for this class was quite active since everyone had difficulties in this course. This was an elective first off and not a mandatory course. I don't know why the prof was such a nazi about this course. I was genuinely interested in this course because I love history specifically religion. Quickly I became disinterested when the professor (Dr. Finsten) read directly off the slides, arrived to class as a hot mess and was confused what she was even saying half the time. By the end of the course I felt I had known more about the course than she did. But I still ended up with a terrible mark. This is not just me who is complaining because I did "bad". I don't get low marks. And I wasn't the only one disappointed with their marks. The professor marked RIDICULOUSLY. If she asked for 2 points and you gave her 5 she would still only give you 1 mark. On the tests, it was CLEAR I knew what I was talking about. I would talk to other people who took the course because she refused to put up slides up so if you missed one lecture you would need to find someone to help send you them. I had talked to a few people and have had numerous complaints from them as well saying how this was by far the worst class they had ever taken. One student in particular has asked me to go with them and talk to the dean because we are disgusted at how ridiculous this course is. I highly suggest if you EVER see Finsten as the prof to change immediately. The content isn't difficult, it's her marking which makes this course impossible to get a good mark in. I emailed her twice asking if I could meet up with her to discuss my marks and not once did she reply to ANY of my emails. She is not an approachable lady, the course was stupid. I have NEVER had a problem with any prof like I have had her. I know when I deserve a good mark and in this class I did. I had studied for the exam longer than any of my other classes and this was an elective. On my other exams I did fabulous, and this exam which I studied ridiculously for I did terrible. I went into all 3 of her tests confident, went out confident, and received marks back confused. She would miss marks where you deserve marks, take away marks which don't make sense. All in all I will NEVER EVER EVER take a class with Finsten as a prof.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Anthro 2RP3!

Old 12-22-2012 at 09:47 AM   #2
jocelyn200

Liked: 0 Times
She does stick EXACTLY to the study guides though when testing!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search