MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Jan 29 : Farm of Souls Chad Daily Game 0 01-29-2011 04:33 AM
Macinsider after dark Juve General Discussion 35 10-14-2010 01:00 PM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Kendoon Gaming 0 09-16-2010 06:24 PM
Event: Dark Conspiracies, Evil Motives & Wickedness Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2009 11:46 AM

Anyone buying Dark Souls?

Old 08-08-2011 at 10:40 AM   #1
Periphery

Liked: 3 Times

Anyone buying Dark Souls?
Has anyone heard of Dark Souls, the sequel to Demon's Souls on the PS3? This time around they're releasing it for the Xbox as well, but it's supposed to be a *brutally* hard Japanese-made-European-styled RPG.

Check it out. Will have multiplayer, AND pvp.
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:15 PM   #2
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Naturally. I loved Demon's Souls.

Although it's more of a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls and not a direct sequel. The creator said that his aim for Dark Souls was to create the most difficult game ever made.

I can't wait. Well, I can, but I just don't want to.
Old 08-08-2011 at 10:45 PM   #3
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periphery View Post
Has anyone heard of Dark Souls, the sequel to Demon's Souls on the PS3? This time around they're releasing it for the Xbox as well, but it's supposed to be a *brutally* hard Japanese-made-European-styled RPG.

Check it out. Will have multiplayer, AND pvp.
I still have to open my demon soul's package, lol (it looks amazing, though!). Shivering Isles is taking longer than expected... lol. Anyone waiting for Skyrim here too?

Plus I have to blast through Folklore and Nier... lol summer wasted
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:04 AM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I'm still playing Demon's Souls, well..sort of. I made a mage character and decided not to pump any vitality, and now I can't make it through 4-2 without getting owned by the skeletons. I should go back someday and finish it.
Old 08-09-2011 at 12:47 AM   #5
Periphery

Liked: 3 Times

It was kinda dumb cause, well online, people limited their soul level to about 120 so if you went past that, you couldn't get into a game with anyone.

Also, I think Demon's Souls was hard enough, goddamn. Did the dev *really* say they were just gonna ramp up the difficulty? Might break a controller or three in the process of playing it, haha.
Old 08-09-2011 at 06:07 PM   #6
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periphery View Post
Did the dev *really* say they were just gonna ramp up the difficulty?
Well, that, and making it an open world.

Actually, the creator said something like: "Demon's Souls became easy towards the game's conclusion and that was not my intention."

Not sure what he meant, considering the last boss of World 1 could undo all of your hard work with a single move.