MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bug problem. amyshi General Discussion 41 10-12-2010 09:10 PM
Problem! noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2009 12:21 PM
Elm Problem jaucep General Discussion 68 09-13-2009 12:36 AM
ELM problem maverick1990 General Discussion 10 09-09-2009 03:07 PM
is this a problem? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-12-2008 11:28 AM

Anyone out there have the same problem? Please help me.

Old 06-30-2008 at 09:02 AM   #1
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Anyone out there have the same problem? Please help me.
So I came back from work and waited with o so much patience 'til the clock finally hit 12:00am. Of course, SOLAR was unavailable because maximum amount of student was already filled! (O my god people. How do you do it really?). I finally got in SOLAR at 12:45ish and got all my courses selected.
But then something hit me. They only asked for whether you want it in day or evening and not any specific core/lecture times and I was lost again.
Did anyone get to choose a specific core on SOLAR? I was aware the school does the tutorial and labs for you but I thought we get to choose the core?

O and secondly, for some strange reason, I can't make the payment confirmation! I read a post by Chad that you HAVE to do this but they won't let me (what the heck?!). Whenever I try to do it, a pop-up coms up that says the following:
--- Sorry, we are unable to calculate your fees based on the information from your student record. Please exit and contact Student Accounts and Cashiers ----
Well howin the world can I calculate my total fee if I don't even know what kind of residence I'll be living in?

Can somone please help me? I can't believe I'm already tired of school right now.

Last edited by raine : 06-30-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-30-2008 at 09:37 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

At the moment you can't add tutorials or labs. Chad has said you can add them once our time tables are released in August.

To choose your core as a science student you must first add science 1AO0.

You can't do your payment agreement because your course selection isn't correct at this time.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-30-2008 at 09:40 AM   #3
Daisydawne18

Liked: 0 Times

I chose Science 1A00 but I still wasnt able to choose my core times.

Physics 1LO3 still says i dont have the requisite.. and because of that I MedRad 1CO3 wont work either...

Not sure what Im doing wrong.
Old 06-30-2008 at 09:58 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Hmmm...methinks its time for you to call your faculty and ask them what you should do.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-30-2008 at 10:01 AM   #5
Daisydawne18

Haha, yeah thats what I was thinking too.

Its always nice to know that other ppl are in the same boat too.

hey and thanks for the all the help Lorend, Im sure that it gets really redundant ppl asking the same questions
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:45 AM   #6
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Thank you Lorend again for your help. I think I'm gonna call the faculty right now. I'll try to update asap.
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:47 AM   #7
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

i've been trying all night to add physics 1L03, but it finally worked for me a couple of minutes ago.
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:15 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

You're welcome. That's why we're here.

We just hope that others will do the same thing when they see people struggling with things too.

Old 06-30-2008 at 09:48 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

YOU DO NOT SELECT THE CORE SECTIONS for just about 99% of the courses (Science 1A00 seems to have a core.. dunno why). But for all your other courses all it will ask you for is to select the courses you want to take and if you want them in the DAY or EVENING, and in SEMESTER 1 or SEMESTER 2. Thats it. You aren't able to select core sectioning. :(

My guess... you can pick them once your timetable gets auto generated in August, just like with the labs/tutorials
Old 07-01-2008 at 01:04 AM   #10
FlyWithMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Hmmm...methinks its time for you to call your faculty and ask them what you should do.
I asked the lady at the START program today about the CORE times but then she said our core times will be released with the timetable on August 7th... So does that mean we don't get to choose our own Core times ?? =/ Seems like high school all over again ...
Old 07-01-2008 at 01:15 AM   #11
hmac

that's pretty much how it looks right now. means the timetable i had worked out is totally pointless. and i had got it so i had fridays off!
got to love SOLAR!
Old 07-01-2008 at 08:07 AM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If that is what a university official told you FlyWithMac, then yes that's correct.

Old 07-01-2008 at 11:00 AM   #13
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

When the timetables are released in August, just change stuff around to how you wanted it. But beware.. SOLAR is gonna be really hard to get into right after timetables are released.

By the way, you choose your core class for Soc Sci 2EL0, so that's another class, ontop of Science 1A00 that you can pick your core for.