MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hamilton Wildcats Australian Football Club - RECRUITMENT wildcatsafc MacInsiders Announcements 3 06-20-2010 09:06 AM
I came home and found this... VastHorizon Music 19 01-25-2010 09:35 PM
Home (2009) temara.brown General Discussion 6 06-08-2009 03:18 PM
Home for the Holidays temara.brown Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 11-24-2008 07:29 AM

Australian looking for a home

Old 06-17-2013 at 09:31 PM   #1
MarkReavley

Liked: 0 Times

Australian looking for a home
Hi Everyone,

I'm an exchange student from Australia coming to McMaster this Fall Term. I am a Third Year student doing Mechanical Engineering and Finance (double degree) and was wondering where a good place to stay would be.

I've been informed on campus residence is generally First years and that I would probably be too late to apply anyway, so I am currently looking for off campus residence. I have taken a look at macoffcampus however I just see a lot of houses in areas I have no idea about. I will be unable to check out houses before I arrive as I am only arriving to Hamilton around the 20th of August near semester start.

Ideally I would like to be close to McMaster with social housemates (possibly exchange students) that would be keen to go out a few times a week. It doesn't bother me if my housemates are male or female I tend to get along with everyone. I'm not too fussed with the place I stay (as long as its not a huge dump) I'm more focused on location and the people.

Is there anyway to search for houses based on these preferences? If anyone could recommend good housing options or at least areas, that would be great.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 06-17-2013 at 10:00 PM   #2
MarkReavley

Liked: 0 Times

Also is there reviews on certain housing and when does availability of housing generally drop, around about now or are some students still looking for housing immediately before semester commences?
Old 06-17-2013 at 10:03 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

If you're alright with a basement room, the house I'm in has got space (37 Cottrill Street). At least half the people living here aren't douchebags. It's about a 10 minute walk from campus.
Old 06-17-2013 at 10:06 PM   #4
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

Try West Village Suites. They have a website. Extremely nice, you have your own space and get the residence feel.