Average now vs later

Old 10-22-2011 at 10:07 PM   #1
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Average now vs later
Hello
I am just wondering
first round of midterms are over and i managed to have an overall average of 7.8

I know you guys had past experience, is my average going to stay the same or crash?

I know that it matters how much work i put in and if i end up being lazy or not

but i just want to get a general idea of what usually happens to peoples average

Thanks

also any studying tips for math 1za3, i need to ace the coming midterm test in 4 days
Old 10-22-2011 at 10:41 PM   #2
darkstar

Liked: 47 Times

For me I find that my averages usually go up because I learn what kinds of questions and answers profs of are looking for from the midterm. Finals are usually worth more than midterms so take what you learned there and apply it in the future.

I'm also in social science so if your in a program with fixed answers like math this theory might not work out the samel.
Old 10-22-2011 at 10:42 PM   #3
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

it can always crash . It really depends on the course, some courses have easy midterms and a hardass final exam. 1st year eng is known for people "surfing the curve" but yea just make sure you keep up your study habits and you should be ok or even better. I had a different course code in 1st year but it's pretty much the same formula of midterms and suggested problems.

If you're short on time and getting stuck on the midterms, try doing at least a couple of questions from each section of the suggested problems just so that you know what formulas to use and when to use them.
Old 10-23-2011 at 12:51 AM   #4
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Nobody can really tell you, there are too many factors at play. Just continue to work hard and always have a goal to improve. From here the workload only gets bigger and the tests harder, just make sure you stay on top of everything and you'll be fine.

Oh, and make sure you relax sometimes too otherwise you're going to burn out right in the middle of those highly-weighted exams.

Keep at it, we're halfway through the semester already!
Old 10-23-2011 at 02:00 AM   #5
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

ya i know i cant believe their is only 1 more month of lectures until exams
went by so fast
Old 10-24-2011 at 04:40 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Hey, if you have a 7.8 now, you've got a decent chance at doing well. Get as much studying done while you're not in midterm/exam mode and you'll do great!

kwyhan likes this.