MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 2C03 (Social Psych) and Chem 20A3 (Organic Chem 1) IqzFendi General Discussion 2 07-25-2011 04:41 PM
Time to think about organic chem? dedust Academics 19 03-07-2010 04:57 PM

Bio 1A03 and Organic Chem at the same time

Old 04-22-2012 at 12:15 AM   #1
Kajeevan

Liked: 7 Times

Bio 1A03 and Organic Chem at the same time
So I'm at this situation where I must take Bio 1A03 and Organic Chemistry by the end of next year. I can take Bio 1A03, ORG 1 first term of summer school and the other ORGO during second term. Another option is to take Bio 1A03 this summer, and take both ORGOS during the year. However, people (ALOT) suggested I take orgo during the summer. My question is should I take both orgo and bio 1A03 at the same time during the summer (considering they both have labs), is that managable, I still feel like their would be plenty of time. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2012 at 06:16 AM   #2
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times

Organic Chemistry is a monstrous on its own. And if i read that right, taking both during the summer, I wouldn't advise that. Although, Biology 1A03 is nothing unmanageable. Its curriculum is very straight forward, but to load that with organics doesn't seem smart to me. But if its between taking orgos during school year or taking them during the summer, i would advise summer.

Although what im saying is contradictory, your case its either bad or worse, Stick to bad and take a summer.
Old 04-22-2012 at 09:44 AM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Safest option would be to do orgo this summer and bio 1A03 during next year. The bio 1A03 labs take quite a while to prepare as well and I think that would be a nuisance when you're trying to tackle 6 hours a week of lectures for both courses.
Old 04-22-2012 at 01:23 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i cant imagnie it being overwhelming. im doing bio2a03, orgos, and bio 2c03 in the summer. its only 18 hours of class a week. if you have nothin else to do, i cant imagine this being bad. if youre going to work or something then maybe it might be hard but bio1a03 is a bird course tbh. the labs are kind of annoying but you will still find them easy and free marks.