Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biology 2D03 and 2F03 Labs ShouldBeStudying Academics 2 09-15-2009 10:41 AM
Bio 2d03 Labs sidraH Academics 5 08-31-2009 02:52 PM

Bio 2D03 Labs

Old 07-30-2014 at 09:19 PM   #1
R.M.D

Liked: 0 Times

Bio 2D03 Labs
I'd appreciate if anyone who has previously taken Bio 2D03-Plant Biodiversity & Biotechnology could please comment on the labs for this course and overall workload. I noticed that the labs were every week and am not sure whether I should take it or not with the other courses I'm considering taking (Kin 2Y03, Biology 2EE3, Orgo 2AO3, elective).

Thank You
Old 08-01-2014 at 01:45 PM   #2
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times

Hi,

I took this course last year with Dr. Cameron. Even though the labs are every week, they are not intensive at all since all you have to do is walk around and take pictures or draw/label stuff that are set out. The only thing you may have to do before each lab is to study for a short quiz that you will have to complete at end of the lab. Not to worry though, the quizzes are done informally and will take you at the most a minute to complete. Also, the TAs are usually nice enough to help you out. The only difficult thing pertaining to the labs is the lab test that occurs at the end of the term. For this, you will know everything from the labs, including being able to label any picture/diagram you have seen.

Personally, I found the workload for this course to be fairly low, however, there is quite a bit of info you will need to know from lecture. There are also no assignments/midterms with the exception of two online quizzes so I found that I actually had more time during midterm time to study for other courses. A side note: the course may be slightly boring if you don't have the slightest interest in plants, so be warned!

I would keep this course if I were you, but I can't comment for sure as I have only taken orgo out of all the courses you have mentioned and also not at the same time as bio 2d. But if I were you I would keep it. Good luck!

R.M.D says thanks to Pegasus for this post.

R.M.D likes this.