Biochem 4N03? SandraM Academics 10 11-02-2011 09:51 PM
Biochem 4N03 Sara22 Academics 0 01-03-2011 08:05 PM
Biochem 4N03 vs. Mol Bio 4H03? enigmatique Academics 2 12-16-2009 06:54 PM

BIO 3XL3 and BIOCHEM 4N03 REVIEWS

Old 05-19-2012 at 01:07 AM   #1
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

BIO 3XL3 and BIOCHEM 4N03 REVIEWS
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can give a course review on Bio 3XL3 such as courseload, difficulty, etc and how similar it is to Bio 3UU3?

Also, a recent course review of Biochem 4N03 would be great.

Thanks a bunch
Old 05-31-2012 at 11:21 PM   #2
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

i would like a review for 4n03 too plaese!
Old 06-01-2012 at 02:02 AM   #3
TheLegacy

Liked: 11 Times

I'm too lazy/tired to do an actual full review, so here's my take on 4N03. When I took 4N03 (Winter 2011), it was a pretty heavy course. The course covers everything from basic membrane lipid structure and domain organization all the way through to integral membrane proteins. The first half is taught by Dr. Richard Epand who covers basic membrane biology and lipid structure, function and morphology. The second half is taught by Dr. Russell Bishop, who covers the structures of various membrane proteins. You end up going through the entire textbook (~300 pages) and the course ends with a bit on PagP. All in all, it's a good course to take if you're interested in the subject. If you're even remotely interested in Graduate work in biochemistry, it'll serve you well as membrane research is one of the fastest growing areas of basic science. Work-wise it'll definitely be one of your heavier courses. With that being said, if you put in the effort, a 10+ is definitely possible.

Medicine I
Biology III (BSc. 2011)