Professor Rating
50%50%50%
Interest
40%40%40%
Easiness
70%70%70%
Average 53%
Biology 3I03

I took this course with Dr. Zhu. She was a decent prof.

There was one midterm test and 5 quizzes (best four counted).

The material itself was fairly dry as I don't like molecular biology. The cancer components were definitely more interesting.

Expect a lot of pathways, experiments, and remembering the names of molecules. The questions that focused on applications were much better than the normal knowledge and regurgitation bits.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Biology 3I03!

Old 06-08-2010 at 01:12 AM   #2
aa84

Liked: 0 Times
Why is this course no longer on the calendar? or am I just missing it?
Old 06-08-2010 at 06:51 AM   #3
JasonMcGuirk

Liked: 14 Times
This course is now Mol Bio 3II3.
Old 01-02-2011 at 06:16 PM   #4
cyphercode

To those who have taken this course, is it possible to get a 12 in this course? or at least double digits? Campos and another prof are now teaching this course so I'm assuming things will change around a bit. But prior feedback would be nice.

Old 01-03-2011 at 12:10 PM   #5
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphercode View Post
To those who have taken this course, is it possible to get a 12 in this course? or at least double digits? Campos and another prof are now teaching this course so I'm assuming things will change around a bit. But prior feedback would be nice.
Dr. Campos's tests are not the easiest, I say this having taken Mol Bio 3M03 last term. She expects detail in addition to true understanding rather than pure regurgitation. That being said, for 3M03 it wasn't impossible to get in the double digits, so this course may be the same as well.

She's also not very easy to understand either...many people in the class (3M03) that I knew did not understand what was going on because the lecturing style wasnt the greatest and there was a fair bit of expectation from her perspective that you understand what the heck shes talking about....this essentially meant reading the dull, dry textbook. In any case, it probably won't be a bird course.

Good luck!!

Last edited by SciMania : 01-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2011 at 01:13 PM   #6
cyphercode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
Dr. Campos's tests are not the easiest, I say this having taken Mol Bio 3M03 last term. She expects detail in addition to true understanding rather than pure regurgitation. That being said, for 3M03 it wasn't impossible to get in the double digits, so this course may be the same as well.

She's also not very easy to understand either...many people in the class (3M03) that I knew did not understand what was going on because the lecturing style wasnt the greatest and there was a fair bit of expectation from her perspective that you understand what the heck shes talking about....this essentially meant reading the dull, dry textbook. In any case, it probably won't be a bird course.

Good luck!!

Thanks a lot. I have already dropped this course. But thanks for your feedback.
Old 05-18-2012 at 12:15 AM   #7
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
Has anyone taken MolBio3II3 ever since it was changed from BIO3I03? I'm thinking of taking this course and was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion of it .
Old 09-07-2012 at 06:30 PM   #8
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times
are the tests difficult? (From Dr. Zhu)

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search