MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my schedule ECHOvirus First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-10-2010 01:06 PM
Schedule Help Puzzlepiece First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-10-2010 12:11 PM
Schedule Help! CourtneyF First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2010 09:59 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM
Welcome Day '08 Schedule Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 08-06-2008 02:01 PM

Can i have an imbalanced schedule ?

Old 06-01-2010 at 11:45 AM   #1
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

Can i have an imbalanced schedule ?
So i have been looking at the master timetable for this up coming year and i have ran into a problem. with the courses i have chosen i can either do 2 things, i can take the course i really like but term 1 would have 4 courses and term 2 would have 6... OR i can take a course i really dont want to take but have both terms equal with 5 courses each.

Am i able to have 4 courses one term and 6 the other? or should i try and keep them balanced at 5 and 5?

*side note*- the course i want to take but will have the imbalanced terms is once a week with only one tutorial... if that makes a difference.

Thanksss
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:51 AM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Doesnt matter.
If you think you can manage with 4 6, go for it. If you think 5 5 is better for you, then go for that
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:52 AM   #3
sf

Liked: 36 Times

You are definitly able to have an unbalanced schedule and it is totally up to you to decide whether or not you think you can handle the extra work one semester. If it is a course you really want to take than I would say that doing the 4 courses one semester and 6 the next is fine.
Old 06-01-2010 at 12:16 PM   #4
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Like the other posters have said, you are definitely able to overload one semester. However, you should really make sure that this is a wise decision on your part. Is this one course really worth all the extra work you'll have to deal with the one semester? Will it deprive you of some much needed free time and burn you out? Is it mandatory? If not, you could always just take the course next year.