MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can you transfer money from your freedom account to the basic account for meal plan? 327005646 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 04-02-2012 04:35 PM
does osap go directly to you bank account 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-01-2011 10:28 PM
How do I pay Mcmaster the OSAP money that was deposited in my bank account? Jayson193 Financial Aid 6 10-28-2010 09:10 PM
osap and bank account.. xsanx Financial Aid 1 08-20-2010 11:14 AM
Osap application change request pirates01 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 01:35 AM

Can I request change in OSAP for money to go directly into bank account by email?

Old 08-03-2012 at 08:36 PM   #1
Unregistered

Can I request change in OSAP for money to go directly into bank account by email?
may i email [email protected] to ask for change instead of mailing form?? do they change like that because i receive email before they change if you want money to go directly to mcmaster but i want osap change to go to my bank account. same thing no??
Old 08-03-2012 at 09:19 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

If you want to use osap on your payment agreement (example $10k tuition - $5k Osap = $5k you pay yourself), then you must choose in financial summary on osap, 3rd option "Allow Osap to send funds directly to university" as yes. You can send an email to [email protected] to make the change instead of doing a full OSAP application again. Just include your student number.
Old 08-03-2012 at 10:22 PM   #3
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I think I know what you mean...mcmaster sent you an email saying that it's better to not check that box where it asks for your permission (but instead send the tuition directly to mcmaster)...yea a lot of people got confused by that question and did check the box for that one (but they weren't supposed to)...i am actually one of the people who did check the box (where it says that they have to take my permission, before the money can go directly to mcmaster)..

I went to the financial aid office and they told me that I have to write them a letter saying what change I want and they will change it...So I am assuming you can't send them an email, you have to write them a letter, and don't forget to include your student number as well !