MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kicked out in my last year 41six Academics 5 07-08-2014 01:54 PM
Getting kicked out Student1010 Academics 10 06-24-2014 05:12 PM
will i be kicked out? manap3000 Academics 10 04-30-2010 07:20 PM
Will I get kicked out? don.999 Academics 11 09-02-2009 06:20 AM
Am I Going to Get Kicked Out of Mac?? please help hablagen Academics 34 05-30-2009 05:15 PM

Can't get osap after getting kicked out

Old 07-30-2014 at 10:26 AM   #1
HollyMolly

Liked: 0 Times

Can't get osap after getting kicked out
So my first wasn't a good one to say the least but I've been reinstated this year.
the circumstances that prevented me from studying also made it impossible for me to pay my tuition (I didn't apply for osap then) and one thing led to another and my account went to collections. After that I paid the balance(some 9k) and had 0 bucks on my student account.
This year after getting reinstated , i applied for osap , I was told by sfas that I have to pay the entire balance, some $11k, before I could get fully registered. So now I can't apply for osap unless I pay the entire balance.
My parents are separated and I can't really ask relatives for money. Also no bank loan cause of the collections thing.
Is there a way out for me or is my career over before it even started? Anyone at Mac to whom I can beg to let me continue?
Please help :(
Old 07-31-2014 at 02:51 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I would suggest taking a year off to work so you can save money and pay off your debt. If that's not an option for you then I don't know what else. Asking your relatives for help might benefit you at this point...

Last edited by akikokoyoki : 07-31-2014 at 03:28 PM.