MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone take chem 1a03 and chem 1aa3 during the summer? macbaby07 Academics 0 05-03-2010 05:47 PM

Chem 1a03 Help

Old 08-16-2010 at 01:23 AM   #1
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

Chem 1a03 Help
I have been trying to make my timetable work and i encountered an issue whereas all i need is Chem 1A03 CO4....i currently have CO2....anyone wanting to trade or wouldnt mind would be grately appreciated!!!
Old 08-16-2010 at 01:50 AM   #2
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Tough luck pal, that's lock's core. Chances of anyone dropping that core or even willing to give it up are slim. But I wish you luck. I've got co1 right now but even I'm trying to get co4. So good luck, and hope we both end up with what we want.
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:16 AM   #3
mike4

Thanks and likewise, i realise chances are slim due to Lock, for me its the time...talk about inconvenient. Not to mention my prof is rated LESS than ideal...
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:24 AM   #4
logans

Landry? Have you tried calling the office of the registrar? Conflict due to inconvenient time slots might be a good enough reason for them to open a seat? Or even call just to see what the say you should do.
Old 08-16-2010 at 04:52 AM   #5
Imtiaz

Liked: 1 Time

Hey i just got into Chem 1a03 Core 04....i was in core 02 and was waiting on a seat in core 04 and i finally got it.. good luck with getting one....right now their is more seats available in core 04 so hopefully you come online soon b4 its fulls up back again

Last edited by Imtiaz : 08-16-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2010 at 07:23 AM   #6
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

Keep checking SOLAR periodically. Sometimes seats can open up when you least suspect them!
Old 08-16-2010 at 07:43 AM   #7
Imtiaz

yea like early in the morning.. lately I haven't been sleeping at all..been on solar day and night just checking to see when a spot opens up for the cores or courses I want
Old 08-16-2010 at 09:21 AM   #8
logans

man are you serious? damn, really wanted c04. guess thats what happens when ur up til 4 trying to get in: end up sleeping through when it opens! c'est la vie
Old 08-16-2010 at 12:53 PM   #9
mike4

Agreed, im always up late...early, not a chance. I will try calling the university, thanks. / Do i have to keep logging in to see if C04 opens up? Or will it be shown as available if i stay on solar consistently?

Last edited by mike4 : 08-16-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2010 at 01:16 PM   #10
Imtiaz

Just try to stay on solar consistently
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:39 PM   #11
jay7

Liked: 0 Times

Or you can just go to Lock's class if you have no other classes at that time. I really want C04 too, but if I don't get it I'll just attend her lectures, not a big deal as attendance isn't really taken in Uni.
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:41 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7 View Post
Or you can just go to Lock's class if you have no other classes at that time. I really want C04 too, but if I don't get it I'll just attend her lectures, not a big deal as attendance isn't really taken in Uni.
There might be iClickers in class, apparently there were last year. Lock's classes are generally completely full, if you see that then you should leave since you aren't registered in the section and are taking someone else's spot.
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:48 PM   #13
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
There might be iClickers in class, apparently there were last year. Lock's classes are generally completely full, if you see that then you should leave since you aren't registered in the section and are taking someone else's spot.
Yeah, Jeremy is right...I remember in my year, I was registered in Lock's class (this was for 1AA3) but everyone always used to come to her classes instead of the 8:30 lectures. It had more to do with the timing, since all of the 1AA3 profs were really good, but the lecture hall was full beyond capacity. Someone wrote a note on WebCT saying how they came to class but it was full, and since there were no seats they left, and they were asking for the notes from that day. Dr Lock was NOT happy about it...you should go to the section you're registered in. It's extremly inconsiderate to stay in a full lecture hall when you're not registered in that section. If the section isn't full, then there isn't usually a problem, but be careful of that. If you have a legitimate conflict, email someone to try to get it resolved. If not, then you don't have an automatic right to just go to the other sections. That might be one of the reasons they started using iClickers in chem (they didn't in my year)--so that people go to the right sections and they won't have this problem.
Old 08-16-2010 at 02:51 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Yeah, Jeremy is right...I remember in my year, I was registered in Lock's class (this was for 1AA3) but everyone always used to come to her classes instead of the 8:30 lectures. It had more to do with the timing, since all of the 1AA3 profs were really good, but the lecture hall was full beyond capacity. Someone wrote a note on WebCT saying how they came to class but it was full, and since there were no seats they left, and they were asking for the notes from that day. Dr Lock was NOT happy about it...you should go to the section you're registered in. It's extremly inconsiderate to stay in a full lecture hall when you're not registered in that section. If the section isn't full, then there isn't usually a problem, but be careful of that. If you have a legitimate conflict, email someone to try to get it resolved. If not, then you don't have an automatic right to just go to the other sections. That might be one of the reasons they started using iClickers in chem (they didn't in my year)--so that people go to the right sections and they won't have this problem.
It's more than inconsiderate, you are stealing 500+ dollars from someone.
Old 08-16-2010 at 04:24 PM   #15
mike4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7 View Post
Which prof do you have?