MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Feb 09 : Icy Gifts Chad Daily Game 0 02-09-2011 04:41 AM
Best Holiday Gifts lizziepizzie General Discussion 35 12-29-2010 10:56 PM
When does our Christmas Break end? AdelaisAer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 12-24-2010 10:33 PM
what do YOU want for christmas?!? Botchio Dating & Relationships 63 12-11-2010 06:34 PM

Christmas Gifts for Guys

Old 12-02-2011 at 10:58 AM   #1
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Christmas Gifts for Guys
Hey everybody,

So I need to buy Christmas presents for three guys this year and I don't really have a clue as to what to buy. I don't really want to spend over $30/$40 for each guy. And I don't really want their gifts to be generic like gift cards or a scarf or something. Can anyone think of something creative to gift a guy?

Thanks! *Happy Holidays*
Old 12-02-2011 at 11:06 AM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

$30/$40 each :/ wow.

Well, to be thoughtful, you gotta know the person personally. If that guy's me, just buy me a laptop cooler (preferably a Targus HD3 Gaming chill mat).

Thanks

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-02-2011 at 11:13 AM   #3
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 327 Times

If they like working out, chinup bar? That's one thing I'm getting this year.
Old 12-02-2011 at 11:54 AM   #4
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
$30/$40 each :/ wow.
Are you saying that's a lot or a not a lot?

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-02-2011 at 12:02 PM   #5
Twelve Chars

My favourite gifts fall into 2 categories: Useful things that I would use a lot but would never think to treat myself to buying, or fun toy type gifts that are cool to have, but again I would never buy for myself.

In the first category, things like a sweet ass thermos, a sweet ass swiss army knife, a sweet ass umbrella, a sweet ass pair of slippers, a sweet ass calendar, a sweet ass cutting board, a sweet ass bottle opener, a sweet ass mug, beer stein, pair of wine glasses, etc. Your definition of "sweet ass" may vary.

In the second category, just any sort of cool toy or knick-knack you would find in a Chapters or gift shop or Mastermind. Or a really funny article of clothing (that's not too ugly that they would never wear it), an interesting coffee table book (not a novel), a neat poster of something you know they'd like, etc.

Chad, Desda, icecubz like this.
Old 12-02-2011 at 12:28 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
If they like working out, chinup bar? That's one thing I'm getting this year.
Two of them work out a lot; one of them actually has to clock a certain amount of hours at the gym because of the program he's in. The other doesn't really do anything. I think it's a good idea but I'm not sure if it's something they'd use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
My favourite gifts fall into 2 categories: Useful things that I would use a lot but would never think to treat myself to buying, or fun toy type gifts that are cool to have, but again I would never buy for myself.

In the first category, things like a sweet ass thermos, a sweet ass swiss army knife, a sweet ass umbrella, a sweet ass pair of slippers, a sweet ass calendar, a sweet ass cutting board, a sweet ass bottle opener, a sweet ass mug, beer stein, pair of wine glasses, etc. Your definition of "sweet ass" may vary.

In the second category, just any sort of cool toy or knick-knack you would find in a Chapters or gift shop or Mastermind. Or a really funny article of clothing (that's not too ugly that they would never wear it), an interesting coffee table book (not a novel), a neat poster of something you know they'd like, etc.
I like the Swiss army knife idea!
Old 12-02-2011 at 12:41 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

all guys like electronics
Old 12-02-2011 at 12:47 PM   #8
Twelve Chars

I hate electronics

Entropy likes this.
Old 12-02-2011 at 12:48 PM   #9
alexithymia
I smell chips.

Liked: 47 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I like the Swiss army knife idea!
Not really in your budget but I thought of this.... http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/8b97/?srp=2

But I agree with 12, get things for them that you know they like but would never buy for themselves.

Snowman likes this.
Old 12-02-2011
manap3001
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-02-2011 at 01:10 PM   #10
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I like this one because it has a light and scissors:

Old 12-02-2011 at 01:45 PM   #11
Twelve Chars

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Hiking...d-10-knife.jsp

dat Swiss Walnut

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-02-2011 at 02:13 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I like this one because it has a light and scissors:

Use thinkgeek or something similar, I couldn't imagine using a multitool like that... nail file? really? I have like 1235325342312532 thousand swiss army knives around my house I've never used.
Important functions to me: bottle opener, knife, scissors, mini-screwdriver/alan key, and maybe a thin metal pokey thing. Depends really. I have the micro-max 19 in 1, and even the microplus/ultikey/etc would be useful.

Professional multitools like a leatherman (sure you can pick it up at wallmart for less than 40) are also good to have.
Old 12-02-2011 at 02:39 PM   #13
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

cologne ?
Old 12-02-2011 at 02:41 PM   #14
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Mr. Coffee Keurig Machine is on sale at Walmart for about $40. It makes regular coffee, but also speciality flavours like French Vanilla and Irish Cream.
http://www.keurig.com/brewers/mr-coffee-brewing-system

How about a "fancy" shaving kit, if they're into that kind of thing? Get one of those old timey kits where you actually mix the cream in a bowl, then put it on your face with a brush. Include a nice new razor, aftershave, etc. Here are some examples:
http://www.theartofshaving.c om/gif...ow/top-sellers

Do any of them have any favourite female celebrities? Go on a magazine's website, like Maxim or GQ, and see if you can order back issues. I know Maxim does this for sure. GQ's website doesn't list any back issues for sale, but you can probably find them on eBay.

I hope my boyfriend doesn't check this site because this is basically a list of what I have got him so far, haha

Swiss Army Knives are a good idea, but chances are, he might already have one. Find that out first!