MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Feb 09 : Icy Gifts Chad Daily Game 0 02-09-2011 04:41 AM
Best Holiday Gifts lizziepizzie General Discussion 35 12-29-2010 10:56 PM
When does our Christmas Break end? AdelaisAer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 12-24-2010 10:33 PM
what do YOU want for christmas?!? Botchio Dating & Relationships 63 12-11-2010 06:34 PM

Christmas Gifts for Guys

Old 12-04-2011 at 07:37 PM   #31
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3001 View Post
Are these guys good friends? If they are, HOW THE HELL do you not know what to buy them? I mean do you even know them at all, Im offended on behalf of said guys.

Now if you are trying to get laid and were too busy giggling at everything he said instead of paying attention to the guy, I completely understand and take it all back
Some people are not good at choosing gifts, such as me. I never know what to get anyone, even my close friends and family. Whenever I get them something I think they would like, its never the right thing...
Old 12-04-2011 at 09:14 PM   #32
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3001 View Post
Are these guys good friends? If they are, HOW THE HELL do you not know what to buy them? I mean do you even know them at all, Im offended on behalf of said guys.

Now if you are trying to get laid and were too busy giggling at everything he said instead of paying attention to the guy, I completely understand and take it all back
Wow. I was just asking for some suggestions. It's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Different things I have got for my boyfriend over the time we've been dating. My boyfriend was always complaining about being cold, but refuses to wear real clothing in doors >.< so I got him a robe that was Leafs themed because they're his favorite team. I also got him a Leafs jacket, but that would be way out of your price range. He also likes making his gadgets looks cool, so I got him some stuff off of http://www.gelaskins.com/ that he could put on his xbox, phone, etc. He also loves coffee, and always complains that his mug is too small, so I got him a huge ass awesome mug that was comic book themed cause he loves comic books. All I can remember right now. Oh...if he likes print Tee's, threadless always has Christmas sales.

As for my other guy friends, it really depends. One of them collects shot glasses from around the world, so whenever I travel I get him shot glasses. Another one loves weapons, so I got him an awesome knife. Another one downloads a lot of stuff, so I bought him a year membership for one of those downloading sites.
You actually just gave me a good idea! Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011 at 11:08 PM   #33
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
oh we like pies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmXLeytgV54

Old 12-04-2011 at 11:32 PM   #34
mk90

Liked: 42 Times

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/e...jpg?1275587910

I don't always get gifts for others,
but when I do, it's always a picture of myself
Old 12-04-2011 at 11:36 PM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

According to the 'experts' these are what guys want for Christmas... one thing that I keep seeing EVERYWHERE including Chapters and novelty shops like Spencers in the mall is this book titled "Go the 'f**k' to sleep"

No idea why anyone would want it. I looked at it in Chapters and it's the weirdest book I've seen in a while.

So.... don't get it for your guy friend. He'll hate it. lol (in my opinion)

Amazon is a great place to go to buy gifts but also to do gift research. If you're looking for ideas, try visiting amazon.ca and look at their best sellers as well as their 'movers/shakers' feature which shows what is hot right now that people are buying. You can also see what is MOST GIFTED which means people have marked it as a gift on checkout...

Best sellers in electronics
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/...cs/ref=sv_ce_0

Best sellers in DVDs
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/dvd/ref=sv_d_3

You can also see what is MOST WISHED FOR meaning its what most users have put into 'wishlists' on Amazon... VERY insightful stuff!

Here's most wished for video games
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/most-wished-...ef=zg_bsms_tab

Guys that I know like gadgets, and the best places to go for small gifts (including gifts for girls) is: factorydirect on upper james (factorydirect.ca) and xscargo (shopxscargo.com). Especially for stocking stuffer items they have name brand cosmetics, lots of kitchenware like pot/pan sets for the parents, etc.

Here's some ideas:Hope those ideas help!

lizziepizzie says thanks to Chad for this post.

lizziepizzie, lux like this.
Old 12-04-2011 at 11:58 PM   #36
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
According to the 'experts' these are what guys want for Christmas... one thing that I keep seeing EVERYWHERE including Chapters and novelty shops like Spencers in the mall is this book titled "Go the 'f**k' to sleep"

No idea why anyone would want it. I looked at it in Chapters and it's the weirdest book I've seen in a while.

So.... don't get it for your guy friend. He'll hate it. lol (in my opinion)
you have to see this first

Last edited by cjdzl : 12-05-2011 at 12:01 AM.

-Ish-, marido like this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 12:52 AM   #37
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

a girlfriend

Afzal, icecubz, marido, Silver like this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 03:21 AM   #38
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post

Ah, that puts things into perspective now Thanks for sharing! haha
Old 12-05-2011 at 06:30 AM   #39
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post

I would get this for a father with a young child as an end-table book, but not really..
Old 12-05-2011 at 08:03 AM   #40
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
Are you saying that's a lot or a not a lot?
Depending on who they are, it's a bit more than what I would prefer. But different price ranges for different people.

@OP: Be observant.
Old 12-05-2011 at 07:08 PM   #41
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 327 Times

Another idea for guys in general, if you're comfortable with it and you know they'd like it:

Buy them a cool USB, download all the Playboy issues from the last couple years, and load them onto it. Tah-duh. I'm doing this (Playboy Russia, the guy's from Russia) for one person this year.

_Luu_ likes this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 07:14 PM   #42
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
Another idea for guys in general, if you're comfortable with it and you know they'd like it:

Buy them a cool USB, download all the Playboy issues from the last couple years, and load them onto it. Tah-duh. I'm doing this (Playboy Russia, the guy's from Russia) for one person this year.
This is actually an AWESOME idea. This is dynamite. But I'm not doing it.

Amaryll likes this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 07:29 PM   #43
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
This is actually an AWESOME idea. This is dynamite. But I'm not doing it.

THIS: http://www.cgets.com/Batman-Ice-Cube...FWc65QodXUO6LQ

crazyfree, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 12-14-2011 at 01:41 PM   #44
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I just want to thank everyone for their suggestions! I have all my Christmas presents for my male friends bought and/or made. Now to wrap!
Old 12-14-2011 at 05:05 PM   #45
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Come to think of it, any multi-use device would work for a guy, if it's electronic even better. Think Geek has some amazing stuff that's within your price range that is pretty hard to find in stores.