MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
First Aid Classes VoyozooT General Discussion 2 07-31-2009 11:20 PM
First Day of Classes Holly Academics 6 08-27-2008 10:23 PM
What do you do in between classes? MacEng General Discussion 12 08-27-2008 10:23 PM

classes..

Old 07-17-2007 at 12:05 PM   #1
laffand

Liked: 0 Times

classes..
gah.. so i picked my courses july 3rd.. then the day after the last day I could change it figured out i had to pick 2 humanities...

so i went to go pick Woman's Studies.. and yeah its completely full.. is ther anyway to get on a waiting list????

mmm.. and i took .. english the longer genre (1AA3).. and history .. (1A03)
i wanted to know if any1 has taken either of those and what they thought.. or if any1 has taken a different humanities and can give me advice.. i need it kinda quickly though .. and i would rather stay away from languages..

or has any1 taken religion??
mm. .. and i had to drop an anthropology .. which one is the 'worst' .. they all looked so interesting so im kinda mad. i think i kept .. 1A03 and 1Z03

any advice?
Old 07-17-2007 at 03:19 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If the course is full you can request more seats be opened by contacting the Humanities

More info in this post
Old 07-17-2007 at 07:43 PM   #3
laffand

thank you so much
Old 07-17-2007 at 11:12 PM   #4
laffand

i sent an email off to the humanities department .. and will call them tomorrow.
hopefully it works.
Old 07-17-2007 at 11:13 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

in another post i told you about all of the anthros...it is up to you to decide which is the "worst". i don't know what you prefer.

all i can advice in for first year humanities is CSCt 1B03 and 1BB3, which I loved. I took Philosophy 1D03, and didn't like it, and a language, which you don't want.

I have heard rumours that the longer genres class is supposed to be easier than shorter genres, but that's all i really know. As for the history classes...apparently they require long (8 pages +) papers, even in first year classes.
Old 07-17-2007 at 11:17 PM   #6
laffand

Yes the history is the one I really am not interested in. I'm okay with the english .. and I actually switched the anthro .. to 1A03 and 1B03 after reading what you said about 1Z03

Last edited by lorend : 08-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.