MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer from college? Leibniz Academics 6 09-26-2010 09:17 PM
Transfer from college? Leibniz Introduce Yourself 2 09-08-2010 12:00 PM
Teachers' College Anyone? Ivan Q. Academics 12 03-06-2010 12:35 AM
Question Regarding Program Transfer littlejohnny Academics 4 12-29-2009 04:15 PM
College pro or 'action go' Sasha General Discussion 140 11-17-2009 09:45 PM

College Transfer Question

Old 11-13-2009 at 12:31 AM   #1
dan1991

Liked: 0 Times

College Transfer Question
I am currently a first year student at Seneca college taking the CPA (computer programming and analysis) program. I have interest in applying to McMaster for their computer science program. I have all the highschool requirements (6 U level courses, adv functions and calc etc..). I was wondering if I would be able to send an application to McMaster, and have them evaluate my application based on my 1st year Seneca marks. I have a current average of 85% so I'm wondering how they would diagnose my application. (whether they would take a combination of my highschool and college marks, or just highschool). I know a direct transfer is out of the question because it said on the McMaster website that you must have a minimum of 2 years college experience.. but maybe there are exceptions to that? I'd appreciate if you could share your experiences with me as I am a little lost and the application time is now. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009 at 07:11 AM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Well, the most helpful thing you could do is talk to McMaster about this, they are the only ones who could tell you anything beyond speculation about whether they would make an exception.

I do have a friend who transfered from Humber to Laurier after first year, but I haven't heard of anyone coming to McMaster that way. In any event, its quite likely that they would look at both your high school marks and your college marks.

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2009 at 11:19 AM   #3
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I came to Mac from Sheridan, and it seems that they used my college marks more than my high school ones. I'm not sure about the transfer thing though, since I finished my 2 year program before applying.

If they do let you in though, make sure you ask about getting credits for the classes that you took at Seneca. When I came here, I only had to take 4 classes to finish first year!