MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comm 2MA3 PTGregD 2nd Year Course Reviews 17 01-02-2014 02:31 PM
Willing to buy Comm 2qa3 tut 02. CAHopeful General Discussion 8 08-19-2011 06:45 PM
Wow, completely screwed for my Comm 2QA3 midterm lawleypop General Discussion 35 10-12-2009 03:51 PM

Comm 2BA3, 2MA3, 2QA3, 2BC3, 2KA3 - textbooks useful?

Old 09-09-2011 at 02:20 PM   #1
lorii

Liked: 8 Times

Comm 2BA3, 2MA3, 2QA3, 2BC3, 2KA3 - textbooks useful?
How useful are these textbooks exactly? Did you use them often?

Desda likes this.
Old 09-10-2011 at 06:45 PM   #2
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

from how cossa did 1e03 last year, 2ma3 will have a considerable amount of test/exam content taken word for word from the book, so if you dont have it you wont be exposed to that

2qa3 is stats, the prof said she is going to put practice problems up on avenue, unless i grossly misheard her. the prof is also new this year so i dont know how useful upper year's information will be pertaining to this

2ba3 the prof said the book is ~55$ and previous versions are cheap as dirt. i bought the 7th edition for like 3$ on amazon + 6$ shipping.
Old 09-10-2011 at 07:03 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I just read the textbooks for those classes and ended up with 9+ in four of those classes.

(Not 2MA3, group component ****ed me. Avoid people who um... how shall I put this nicely? Avoid the ones who look like they have understanding of the term "plagiarism."

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-11-2011 at 04:10 PM   #4
lorii

@Nomchock
I checked the 2BA3 textbook in titles and new is $137 plus tax... I'm looking on facebook used textbook groups to try to buy mine and have found some (old versions) for around $35 and others who are trying to rip me off by selling for $70-80. But man, $9? Want to order one for me too? LOL

@Lawley
Oh, awesome. Do you still have the textbooks or did you sell them already?

Cossa's group thing is ridiculous... last year our group got so screwed on the format (wthsaldaskdWHY) and not sourcing a chart or something. All I can say is I'm not looking forward to it at all... her exams saved me from what otherwise would have been for lack of a better term epic fail... I think I escaped with a low 80 :/.

Desda likes this.
Old 09-11-2011 at 04:16 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

how come titles says 2ba3 is like 100ish but prof says ~55...
Old 09-11-2011 at 07:54 PM   #6
lorii

Prof is a little slow on the uptake ._.
Old 09-11-2011 at 08:10 PM   #7
Rath
Account Locked

Liked: 18 Times

I don't see how you'd go about being successful in any of these classes without required textbooks... Although stats is kind of confusing me I'm weary of opening the shrink wrap.

I'm using last years marketting book and this years OB. Friend is doing the opposite so we can swap. I don't think editions matter too much but its a comforting feeling knowing you are using the proper one.