Professor Rating
70%70%70%
Interest
30%30%30%
Easiness
100%100%100%
Average 75%
Comm 2KA3

This course teaches the importance of business systems that aid in decision making and successful implementation of a business network, among other things.

PROF:

This course is taught by two people. The first person to teach the course is a professor, and at the midpoint of the term, a Ph.D student takes over for the remainder of the course.

The initial professor, Montazemi, is very easy going, and makes the course very simple. The Ph.D student that took over wasn't as easy, but still didn't make the course overly challenging.

LECTURES:

The lectures in this class were very drawn out and boring. The slides were taken directly out of the textbook, making going to class a giant waste of time if you read the textbook out of class on your own.

On top of that, the prof would just read off the slides, never adding anything to them at all.

BREAKDOWN OF MARKS:

The midterm and the exam were both worth 45% in this class. There were also two assignments each worth 5%.

The first midterm had all 100 questions taken straight out of the I-Study online practice center. As long as you do them, you will already know the answer to every midterm question.

The exam was not the same, as the Ph.D student came up with her own questions, making the exam much more difficult than the midterm.

The first assignment was very easy as well, while the second one was extremely difficult. (Seeing a pattern here?)

HOW TO SUCCEED:

As long as you do ALL the I-Study questions before the midterm, you should be able to answer every question successfully. This means that you already have an easy 45% segment of the course out of the way.

I would suggest doing the assignment in groups, so that you have people to proof-read your work which will end up helping you a lot.

For the final exam, attend the exam prep lecture before hand, and you should get clues as to what kind of questions to expect. By doing that, you should be able to secure a solid mark on the exam, and complete the easiest commerce course of 2nd year.

ayiri, dhillon11 all say thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Comm 2KA3!

Old 06-05-2010 at 09:18 AM   #2
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times
Would you recommend Prof. Detlor as well?
Old 08-21-2010 at 02:14 AM   #3
p.lau

Liked: Liked 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Would you recommend Prof. Detlor as well?

i definitely would. i preferred him A LOT more than montazemi. don't get me wrong, montazemi is a really nice prof, but i didn't really get anything from his class. detlor is very engaging and i honestly felt like i learned a lot from him. he's very approachable and will give you very thorough answers in any areas you thought were confusing. just make sure you don't talk in class!! he'll call you out!
Old 01-03-2011 at 03:54 PM   #4
ShaoShahrukh

Liked: 0 Times
How would you recommend studying for his exams?

Old 04-27-2011 at 09:11 PM   #5
Troy Singh

Study the power points and you'll be fine.
Old 09-14-2011 at 11:01 AM   #6
dabbuji

It is a fairly easy class and the best way to prepare for the mid-terms/exams are by memorizing all the slides on the power-point. You can refer to the textbook, but the multiple choice will be straight out of the lecture notes.
Old 01-05-2012 at 02:34 PM   #7
phantasyyy

Liked: 1 Time
Anybody know about the professor Nicole Wagner?
Old 03-07-2012 at 10:26 PM   #8
Salik

Liked: 32 Times
^OMG, tell me she isnt going to start teaching this course from now on. Horrrribblleee phD freshie. Before learning the course material, learn how to not punch through the wall every 2 seconds she uses the word "So". She goes by her lectures really quick as well and doesent bother explaining anything.
Old 04-14-2013 at 01:00 PM   #9
AndreK

Information Systems 2KA3 Review
2012-2013

Overall Rating 8
Professor Rating 6
Interest 9
Easiness 9

My professor was Montazemi. Good guy, outgoing, very open... and also excruciatingly boring. For the first half of the course, you may as well not go to class, I'm not saying you should not go to class, I'm just saying you may as well not go to class. Instead of attending lectures, just take that time to read and study the textbook. First assignment is very straightforward; but a tip for the midterm, study the cases as well, Montazemi is big on including case studies.

Second half of the course is much more intriguing, and I advise you attend lectures, the topics can get very interesting! The second assignment is pretty easy, although very time-consuming! The exam is just as straightforward as the midterm; many students comfortably finished the exam with time to spare. If you read and studied the textbook, you should have no problems.

Leeoku says thanks to AndreK for this post.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search