MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U of T physio requirement airmind1 Academics 4 08-25-2014 12:44 PM
Honours Commerce Grade Requirement Change Phaint Academics 46 03-03-2013 06:28 PM
Which program requirement do I use Rob Mac Academics 5 06-03-2012 05:50 PM
physics requirement Joyceyblank First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-06-2012 03:06 PM
Math Requirement 10pauljuli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-10-2010 09:54 PM

Commerce Requirement Help

Old 06-28-2018 at 01:30 AM   #1
Turtle9

Liked: 0 Times

Commerce Requirement Help
I failed calculus for Business (Math 1M03) this past year and unfortunately it's only offered during the second semester. The only problem with that is 2FA3 requires you to complete 1M03 before taking taking 2FA3. I was just planning to take the intro to finance course in the summer until I realized that another year 2 required course was 3FA3, and in order to take that I need to complete 2FA3 but since 1M03 is only offered first semester I'm kind of in a pickle.

Hopefully my wording isn't too confusing because I am writing this late. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else is in this same situation. Also will I be able to do year 3 in the fall of 2019 or will I have to skip a year to complete the one course I'll be missing?

I've already booked an appointment with an academic advisor, but if anyone has any information about my situation I'd love to hear it.
Old 07-02-2018 at 07:12 AM   #2
Phoenix95

Liked: 2 Times

If you have a high enough GPA, you can technically proceed to next level regardless of failed course. You'll just have to complete the course by graduation. However, if you need it because you're specializing in finance, then it might set you back a bit. I would have tried taking 1M03 in the summer so you could take 2FA3 and 3FA3 this coming year.

Turtle9 says thanks to Phoenix95 for this post.
Old 07-02-2018 at 01:38 PM   #3
Turtle9

Liked: 0 Times

I don't think I want to specialize in finance so hopefully I don't get set back much.Thanks for your help!
Old 07-02-2018 at 04:53 PM   #4
Phoenix95

Liked: 2 Times

Just be sure you have enough units and that you're not over the amount of failed courses you can have