MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmed enrolment? Scurvette Financial Aid 2 09-15-2012 08:08 PM
Payment Agreement confirmed - not fully registered? fartmonkey Financial Aid 2 08-10-2010 09:28 PM
Welcome Week Concert Artists Confirmed! samantha__ MacInsiders Announcements 23 08-21-2008 01:06 PM
Clubsfest Confirmed Clubs Chad General Discussion 7 08-20-2007 11:21 PM

Confirmed Windows 8 Laptops for Canada?

Old 09-16-2012 at 12:20 AM   #1
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Confirmed Windows 8 Laptops for Canada?
I'm holding off on buying a laptop until Windows 8 comes out, but I can't seem to find any confirmed laptops that are coming to Canada, specifically made for Windows 8.

Does anyone know where I can find this info, or do we have to wait until October?
Old 09-16-2012 at 01:36 AM   #2
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Once Windows 8 is release all Laptops being sold with start to slowly arrive with Windows 8. There wont be laptops specifically released for Windows 8.

That is more so done with tablets and phones.
Old 09-16-2012 at 07:52 AM   #3
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Make sure to get a computer with a touchscreen or else...

Unless you have tried the beta (and liked it) you will most likely be severely disappointed by the new win8 interface..

unless you like pretty things and hate productivity.

Allan, Snowman like this.
Old 09-16-2012 at 09:55 AM   #4
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
Once Windows 8 is release all Laptops being sold with start to slowly arrive with Windows 8. There wont be laptops specifically released for Windows 8.

That is more so done with tablets and phones.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant laptops that would include touchscreens.
Old 09-16-2012 at 01:05 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Some manufacturers/brands offer the deal that they'll upgrade your computer to win 8 when it comes out for free. Sony, Asus, HP, and Toshiba all have touch screen computers.

This might be of interest to you too
Old 09-16-2012 at 04:33 PM   #6
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Some manufacturers/brands offer the deal that they'll upgrade your computer to win 8 when it comes out for free. Sony, Asus, HP, and Toshiba all have touch screen computers.

This might be of interest to you too
I haven't really seen touchscreen laptops on the Canadian market so far. I have only seen all-in-ones that have touchscreens.