MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGSI isn't working for me? Braeden First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-19-2012 06:25 PM
Limited Indicator in SOLAR? MyMaster Academics 0 01-22-2012 11:15 AM
DC++ not working... bcars General Discussion 3 03-02-2011 03:20 PM
Conflict indicator thdms9211 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 04:45 PM

Conflict Indicator Not Working?

Old 07-26-2012 at 12:25 PM   #1
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Conflict Indicator Not Working?
I thought I had all my courses figured out but I was going through my timetable and 4 courses conflict, yet SOLAR didn't even show this... Biochem 2EE3 with Psych 3BA3 and STATS 2B03 1D with PSYCH 3M03... What's up with that?
Old 07-26-2012 at 12:49 PM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

is it possible to change core sections or lab/tutorial sections to clear up the conflicts?
Old 07-26-2012 at 12:56 PM   #3
meandyou

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxelhs View Post
I thought I had all my courses figured out but I was going through my timetable and 4 courses conflict, yet SOLAR didn't even show this... Biochem 2EE3 with Psych 3BA3 and STATS 2B03 1D with PSYCH 3M03... What's up with that?
SOLAR does not show conflicts, it just makes sure that you have the preqs for the course that you are taking. When the personal timetables releases in first week of August, then you will know all the conflicts and at that time you can go back into SOLAR to change the lab/tutorials are that conflicting.
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:18 PM   #4
Chris23
Account Locked

Doesnt the check and verify conflicts button check for conflicts...? the one that you have to press before you can submit your choices on solar
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:24 PM   #5
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

I've recently encountered the same problem. After choosing all of my courses, clicking on verify and check, and then finally applying my changes, it showed me that all of my courses have "PASSED". However, I went onto the McMaster Master Timetable, and it listed two of my courses (Bio 3FF3 and Psych 3A03) with only one core as occurring at the same time. Either Mugsi is not working, or there has been a schedule change but the Master Timetable is not updated.

Any input on this matter?
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:29 PM   #6
oxelhs

Yeah that's what I'm thinking^. I don't wanna switch everything back and drop some courses if the master timetable does indeed need to be updated. I can switch stats back into 2nd term but I'm gonna have to drop one of the other two conflicting courses. This is ridiculous, course selection at Mac blows.
Old 07-26-2012 at 02:32 PM   #7
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by exuberant888 View Post
After choosing all of my courses, clicking on verify and check, and then finally applying my changes, it showed me that all of my courses have "PASSED".?
The 'passed' means you have the requirements/prerequisites. It has nothing to do with the course times or schedule conflicts.
Old 07-26-2012 at 02:33 PM   #8
oxelhs

It's weird cause it was showing conflicts about a month ago when i first selected my courses.
Old 07-26-2012 at 02:54 PM   #9
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxelhs View Post
Yeah that's what I'm thinking^. I don't wanna switch everything back and drop some courses if the master timetable does indeed need to be updated. I can switch stats back into 2nd term but I'm gonna have to drop one of the other two conflicting courses. This is ridiculous, course selection at Mac blows.
I invite you to go to another school where timetables are not setup by the university for the students. Pretty sure you will have a different perspective
Old 07-26-2012 at 03:24 PM   #10
oxelhs

I'm not sure that you would be so sure. Not a single person I know who goes to other unis has difficulty with course selection
Old 07-26-2012 at 03:36 PM   #11
Chris23
Account Locked

Well i live in niagara where a lot of people go to Brock university, and they all bicker about how long it takes them to sort out a timetable, im just working off of personal experience, i guess i should say, it could be a lot worse
Old 07-26-2012 at 03:42 PM   #12
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
I invite you to go to another school where timetables are not setup by the university for the students. Pretty sure you will have a different perspective
Lol first person I've ever seen defend Mac's course selection method.

To the OP, like others have said, I think right now "conflicts" are only based on prerequisites and making sure you don't exceed the maximum amount of units. In August, the conflicts will deal with actual conflicts.