MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new student form Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-07-2010 05:49 PM
New Student Form dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 07-04-2010 11:21 AM
New Student Form Help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2010 10:59 AM
New Student Form deaner_123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-20-2008 11:55 PM
New student form zaidyusufani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-09-2008 12:50 PM

Confused about the new student form

Old 07-11-2011 at 09:38 AM   #1
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Confused about the new student form
Hey, I'm a bit confused on how to make the photo to attach to the new student form. Like do we HAVE to go to places such as walmart to get them to take a picture of us and print it passport size, because that cost like $16.99 for 2 =_=. I'm asking this because the form says you cannot use scanned photos, does that included printed ones as well, or can we just take a photo of ourselves in a mirror, go to photoshop, and edit it to passport size, print it, then paste it onto the form?
Oh, and does the photo have to be vertical on the form? or can it be horizontal as well?
Old 07-11-2011 at 09:40 AM   #2
stephhhie

Liked: 1 Time

you can use any photo, really. just have someone take a picture of you..or crop a picture, print it on photo paper and mail it in. and i believe as long as it fits in the box they outlined, it'll work!
Old 07-11-2011 at 09:43 AM   #3
four

Liked: 2 Times

Unfortunately the box they outlined on the form is about half the size of a passport photo.

stephhhie likes this.
Old 07-11-2011 at 09:45 AM   #4
stephhhie

haha, i didn't answer part of the question. i remember placing my photo sideways to fit in the box! and they printed my student card right side up, so they'll do the same for yours :p
Old 07-11-2011 at 09:48 AM   #5
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

ooh ok, I guess I can just print one instead of wasting almost $20 for 2 passport photos =D. Also, does it have to be photo paper? or can it be printed on regular paper as well
Old 07-11-2011 at 09:49 AM   #6
xFLY

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by four View Post
Unfortunately the box they outlined on the form is about half the size of a passport photo.
Flip the photo sideways, you will see it fits perfectly into outlined area on the form.

Old 07-11-2011 at 09:50 AM   #7
stephhhie

i printed mine on photo paper, but i really don't think it matters. as long as the picture is clear enough! and also, i believe if you're in res, you'll have to bring another wallet-sized picture on move-in day.
Old 07-11-2011 at 12:17 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephhhie View Post
i printed mine on photo paper, but i really don't think it matters. as long as the picture is clear enough! and also, i believe if you're in res, you'll have to bring another wallet-sized picture on move-in day.
Yep, that's true! But you'll get more info on that once the move-in date gets closer.