MacInsiders Logo

Course Confilct - Help!

Old 07-25-2012 at 07:19 PM   #1
Phoebe Z

Liked: 0 Times

Course Confilct - Help!
I am in Honours Chemistry, level 2. Chem 2LB3 is required as the lab section of Chem 2OD3. Anyway, I wish to apply for the Honours Biology and Pharmacology program, so I need to take Bio 2A03.

The problem is that Chem 2LB3 lecture is conflict with Bio 2A03. SInce I believe that I should not miss any of the lectures of chem 2LB3, does anybody know whether I can pass bio 2A03 if I only go to one of the three lectures per week? Or does anyone have some suggestions what I can do now?

Thanks sooooooo much for any help.
Old 07-25-2012 at 07:28 PM   #2
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

you can take BIO 2A03 over the summer through another university. For example, UWO offers an online course called PHYSIOLOGY 2130 that will give you transfer credit for BIO 2A03 (plus another 3 units 2*03 since it is a 6 unit course). Also, the online course wouldn't have the supposedly brutal labs of bio 2A03 (just MCQ midterm, exam, and quizzes). I'm pretty sure it's offered online during the year as well, so you could take that during the year instead of the summer school and then just take 24 units at Mac and the 6 from UWO so you have a full course load in the eyes of professional schools if you are so inclined.

Just a suggestion you may have not thought of!

Phoebe Z says thanks to yoni for this post.
Old 07-26-2012 at 05:46 PM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Just ensure you make it clear to admissions that you will be getting the credit before you start BioPharm.

Phoebe Z says thanks to particle for this post.
Old 08-01-2012 at 08:12 AM   #4
Phoebe Z

Liked: 0 Times

Really? What shall I do? Shall I talk to someone about takig courses in another university before the year begins?
Old 08-01-2012 at 09:06 AM   #5
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

You don't need to talk to anyone. Simply fill out a Letter of Permission before you register for the course. Once approved, go register for the summer session of the course at the other University. Summer school registration deadlines are different for each University, so take note of that.

I am currently taking Bio235 at Athabasca University to fullfill my Bio 2A03 credit. Just to give you an idea of what to expect, I filled out my Letter of Permission in June, got approved a week later, and then registered for the online course to start in July.

Phoebe Z says thanks to Watoko for this post.