MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
deferring an exam !!!! mahendv Academics 6 12-08-2014 07:05 AM
Deferring upcoming exam Asclepius First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 04-15-2012 07:30 PM
Anyone else sick of everyone deferring tests? MasterFett Academics 34 02-14-2012 05:22 PM
Strategically deferring Midterms CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 03-04-2011 01:58 AM
Deferring an Exam siefer1322 Academics 12 12-13-2010 03:58 PM

Deferring Graduation - pushing to 5th year

Old 08-23-2016 at 12:32 PM   #1
bae_

Liked: 4 Times

Deferring Graduation - pushing to 5th year
If I want to defer my graduation because I'm not taking some of the mandatory program courses this year, how do I go on about doing this on Mosaic? Do I just not take the mandatory courses and it'll automatically not allow me to graduate this year?

Also, is there any disadvantage to pushing to a 5th year for the sake of taking other courses I want to take / boosting my gpa?
Old 08-23-2016 at 01:04 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
If I want to defer my graduation because I'm not taking some of the mandatory program courses this year, how do I go on about doing this on Mosaic? Do I just not take the mandatory courses and it'll automatically not allow me to graduate this year?
Just not take them.

Quote:
Also, is there any disadvantage to pushing to a 5th year for the sake of taking other courses I want to take / boosting my gpa?
You lose 1 year of your life, and it will probably put you in bigger debt. Of course, if you spend that year working somewhere, and doing relevant projects then it's justified.

Doubt i'd take 1 more year just to bump my marks up, so many things could go wrong. Plus no one really cares about your marginally improved marks.
Old 08-23-2016 at 05:09 PM   #3
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

You can't graduate if you haven't taken the mandatory courses.

And Mac likes your money so it's not like you'll get an angry visit from the Graduation Police if you decide to stay an extra year.
Old 08-23-2016 at 05:24 PM   #4
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

As far as boosting your GPA, though, graduate schools are going to see through that.