MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-19-2011 at 04:01 PM   #1
gabbyd

Liked: 0 Times

Detox Diets
Hey just wondering if you guys know any good cleansing and weight loss detox diets that are pretty easy to do (in terms of prep work and stuff)?
Old 10-19-2011 at 04:12 PM   #2
Katy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

Isogenix is really easy/ simple and works really well.. but it is pretty pricey. However, if you work out how much you spend on groceries.. it kind of works out
Old 10-19-2011 at 04:21 PM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

A ton of tacos/burritos from tacobell. If the quantum diarrhea you experience doesn't clear out your digestive tract, well then, I don't think anything will.

aya017, britb, Snowman, _Luu_ like this.
Old 10-19-2011 at 04:51 PM   #4
craizins

Liked: 2 Times

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I do a monofruit detox diet for 5 days every month, and it always works great. I feel a lot more energetic, happier, and healthier after the detox. Due to personal preferences, my fruit of choice is grapes (i love them, plus they are convenient, not to mention full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I know lots of people that do it with oranges, apples, melons, etc.). On this diet, you eat nothing but your fruit of choice for 5 days (or really for however many days you can handle. Best if its at least 3 days). Doing this detox is essentially like fasting, except you are actually eating, so you won't go hungry! It gives your digestive system a break, because it only has to digest and metabolize one type of food.

I know some people might have some concerns about how safe and healthy this actually is for you. I want to say that this is NOT meant to be a "dieting for weight loss" solution (though you WILL lose weight when doing it). This diet should only be followed for a short period of time, and for the right reasons (to rid your body of toxins). Personally, I have never exceeded 7 days on this diet, simply because I would lose on average 0.5-1pound a day on it, and I don't do it for weight loss purposes.

P.S. If you do decide to try this, remember to keep LOTS AND LOTS of water. This is an essential component of detoxing that many people neglect to do.
Old 10-19-2011 at 04:52 PM   #5
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

The one that I've heard about has maple syrup, lemon juice, water, and cayenne in it.

But what I wanna say is that if you're looking for a weight loss "diet", I hope you know that changing your diet isn't enough. If you really wanna lose weight and keep it off, you're gonna have to change your lifestyle. Which means a change in your diet, and an exercise regimen. Balance both of those along with your daily intake/outake and you'll get results.
Old 10-19-2011 at 05:16 PM   #6
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

I've been 275lbs at my max. I walk around now at 195lbs, with a low BF%. Most any healthy diet/lifestyle changes (that aren't: drink only lemon water, aka kill your metabolism) require preparation, and motivation.

My prep is once a week, I cook large amounts of my foods, and then the night before class I package them and bring them with me. A lot of work? Maybe. But you have to put in work to get results.

Don't mean to come off as a pompous dick, but any "easy out" you find will more often than not be more harmful than helpful. Feel free to message me if you want some advice.

Taking Geospatial Management: GIS Post-Grad Program at Niagara.
Old 10-19-2011 at 10:16 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Detoxing is a bullshit concept; unless you have a malfunctioning digestive tract, kidney, or liver, your body will detoxify your body to the state it should be at naturally.

I have a feeling you're under the impression that there may be a root cause of why you need weight loss in the way you're describing it but just are not wording it correctly.

Rudiger likes this.
Old 10-19-2011 at 10:22 PM   #8
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

if you are motivated enough to eat healthy foods, watch the quantity and occasionally exercise you will lose weight and feel better. everyone in my house eats very healthy and exercises often, so i feel guilty when i dont.

i found by cutting back on snacks and chewing gum when i want to eat while im not hungry will help, and after a few days then you wont feel hungry during that time. i found during tests i dont move much, so if you lower portion size, such as when making pasta by just putting a little bit back before you cook can help
Old 10-19-2011 at 11:23 PM   #9
Rudiger

Liked: 36 Times

The chemical scientist and award winning science author Dr John Emsley said: "There is no scientific reason for people to waste time and money on so-called detox regimes, fancy diets, or expensive remedies, none of which can compare to the detox system that is already inbuilt into our natural system."

------> http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20.../detox-science