MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I do a year than apply for a different program? jrol First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 03-23-2013 02:45 AM
External bursaries: how to apply? bubblegum3 Academics 3 08-26-2012 07:26 PM
how do you apply to be a TA for first year courses mk90 Academics 2 10-12-2011 08:37 PM
Where can I find scholarships and bursaries to apply for? logans Financial Aid 2 08-22-2010 06:46 PM
Re-Apply to First Year?? DumbEngKid Academics 4 04-09-2010 12:18 AM

Do I apply for bursaries during first year or during grade 12?

Old 04-24-2016 at 11:37 AM   #1
Business25

Liked: 0 Times

Do I apply for bursaries during first year or during grade 12?
Hey guys,

I'm confused about when to apply for bursaries- is it during first year or Grade 12?

Right now I am finishing up Grade 12 and I'll be starting my first year at McMaster (for undergrad commerce) in September of this year. Someone told me that for McMaster you apply for bursaries when you start your first year (September 2016 for me). I was just confused about this because for most universities you apply for bursaries during Grade 12, and I heard different for McMaster.

If someone can clarify this, that'd be great.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2016 at 04:22 PM   #2
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

Hey. Yes you apply when you are in school application opens fall and you get the money the following winter. I'm in commerce too (gonna come back from my internship to fourth year in September 2016). Let me know if you have any questions about mac/program in general.
Old 04-24-2016 at 08:04 PM   #3
Business25

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loko View Post
Hey. Yes you apply when you are in school application opens fall and you get the money the following winter. I'm in commerce too (gonna come back from my internship to fourth year in September 2016). Let me know if you have any questions about mac/program in general.
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean. You said I'm supposed to apply in school, so I'm assuming you mean I'm supposed to apply in Grade 12. If that's the case then the deadline has passed, since the deadline to apply was January.
Old 04-24-2016 at 08:13 PM   #4
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business25 View Post
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean. You said I'm supposed to apply in school, so I'm assuming you mean I'm supposed to apply in Grade 12. If that's the case then the deadline has passed, since the deadline to apply was January.
I think he means you apply when you apply for university, and you are automatically considered.

However, it might not apply to all bursaries, contact McMaster Financial Aid Office for more information.
Old 04-24-2016 at 08:29 PM   #5
Pegasus

No, what he means is that you apply during your first year of university. The deadline for bursary applications is January of your first year (so in your case, January 2017), so you have from Sept to Jan during your first year to apply.
Old 04-24-2016 at 10:11 PM   #6
Loko

Pegasus is right on what I mean =P. You can apply once you start McMaster in the fall. You will get the money next winter.
Old 04-25-2016 at 12:35 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hi Musa! Welcome to MacInsiders! You can read all about McMaster bursaries and the eligibility requirements here: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/bursary/macbur.html