MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about full year classes Biochem47 Academics 3 07-13-2011 10:43 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Are all 1st year classes full? schad17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-12-2010 10:46 AM
ALL econ classes are full? lizziemcg Academics 8 06-23-2010 02:50 AM
full classes? AnnaJanik First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 10:39 AM

What do when classes are full?

Old 08-22-2011 at 05:15 PM   #1
Cronkam

Liked: 0 Times

What do when classes are full?
I was thinking about taking the communications course but realized the class is full, I wanted to take it second semester is there a waiting list or something or do I have to keep checking to see if anyone dropped it?
Old 08-22-2011 at 05:16 PM   #2
omgmt

Liked: 21 Times

You could keep checking because there are usually people who switch out of classes. If you really need to take the course you could email the prof and ask for a seat
Old 08-22-2011 at 05:20 PM   #3
Cronkam

Liked: 0 Times

Okay great thats what i was going to do! I don't have to take, I just needed one more class, so its not urgent! Thanks
Old 08-22-2011 at 05:41 PM   #4
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Keep checking back daily. I've gotten into several electives this way before when the course was originally full.
Old 08-23-2011 at 12:02 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronkam View Post
I was thinking about taking the communications course but realized the class is full, I wanted to take it second semester is there a waiting list or something or do I have to keep checking to see if anyone dropped it?
Check up until the deadline for adding/dropping, with increasing frequency of checking up to that date... people drop the most right before the official deadline. Up until then, if you have the time, go to the lectures to keep up to date on the material. Not sure what communication courses are like, so I'm not sure on your chances on obtaining the spot in the course..