MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cisco for Blackberry monique Computers & Tech 4 05-11-2010 07:48 PM
Sexy New Cisco? britb Computers & Tech 23 02-26-2010 03:05 PM
Cisco Not So Clean Access Agent Infinity General Discussion 22 06-29-2009 12:27 AM
Where to get Cisco Clean Access Agent jt7788 General Discussion 4 09-13-2007 12:06 PM

How do I get cisco for my blackberry?

Old 03-08-2010 at 04:42 PM   #1
saeeds5

Liked: 1 Time

How do I get cisco for my blackberry?
Today I tried to connect to Maconnect through my blackberry for the first time. I got connected and then it told me to put in my Mac ID and password. After I did that and hit submit, it gave me a white screen in my browser. Any help regarding this issue would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2010 at 04:50 PM   #2
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Should work.

I think the white screen is meant to have "Terms and Agreements" with an accept and decline button at the bottom. Maybe the connection was bad or slow. Try again. Or try Opera for Blackberry: http://www.opera.com/mini/next/

There's no Cisco client for Blackberry.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:14 PM   #3
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

which phone od you have?

I went through another thread on MI about this and they were saying they never had that ... but sadly I do and I cant get around it :S

I hve to dl cisco but it wont isntal on the bb.

So I just dont use wifi :S

bb 9700 btw.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:19 PM   #4
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Can you zoom out?

With the recent new version of Cisco, I was prompted to do the same thing. But I guess there's something funky about the mobile version of the page, and the Accept/Decline buttons were wayyyyy at the bottom and shifted over. After finding and hitting 'Accept', everything was as usual.

I have a Nokia E71.
Old 03-08-2010 at 08:29 PM   #5
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WekSos View Post
which phone od you have?

I went through another thread on MI about this and they were saying they never had that ... but sadly I do and I cant get around it :S

I hve to dl cisco but it wont isntal on the bb.

So I just dont use wifi :S

bb 9700 btw.
Same problem here, I have a 9700 too :S I tried changing the configuration of the browser etc and tried Opera but all Opera does is use my data connection instead of getting me to log into the wireless network :S
Old 03-08-2010 at 09:11 PM   #6
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

i have a bold 9000 and i can use wifi. Make sure ur browser is set to BlackBerry and not firefox (menu > browser configuration)

If it shows white (dont think it should) just press G (takes u to the link page) and enter teh website u want to go to again. Should work.
Old 03-15-2010 at 01:47 PM   #7
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I dont think its the same thing but does anyone know if its possible to use the wireless MacConnect for Nintendo DS Wifi?
Old 03-15-2010 at 03:11 PM   #8
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

you get MacConnect in woodstock these days?

(Haven't got a clue about wireless, but if you can't browse the net, then it's likely to be a solid no)
Old 03-15-2010 at 03:20 PM   #9
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

yea we deff get it in the common room. but the thing is on my DS im sure it recognizes it, but it wants a code.. my DS obviously isnt going ot bring up Cisco to let me sign in lol
Old 03-15-2010 at 04:43 PM   #10
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

Your best bet is to route the internet through a computer...
Old 03-31-2010 at 12:23 PM   #11
mdd1
McMaster Employee

Liked: 7 Times

The issue with the Blackberry Bold 9700 (and Curve 8900) not working correctly with MacConnect Wireless is resolved. It should no longer prompt you to download the Agent, which is only for Windows.

-Mike

marieeeeeee says thanks to mdd1 for this post.
Old 03-31-2010 at 02:38 PM   #12
larp

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdd1 View Post
The issue with the Blackberry Bold 9700 (and Curve 8900) not working correctly with MacConnect Wireless is resolved. It should no longer prompt you to download the Agent, which is only for Windows.

-Mike
Just tried, it works now. Thanks