MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone clear up declaring second year majors for me? Sintos Academics 2 06-09-2010 02:53 PM
Mac Fight Club! Chambini Clubs & Groups 0 04-27-2010 03:59 PM
Regarding picking 2nd year majors nessa18 Academics 12 12-24-2009 09:03 PM
Second Year Political Science Majors (Honours) Ruggedman Academics 1 08-12-2009 06:32 AM
Mac Students Fight the Flu michbitran ARCHIVES 0 11-26-2007 08:33 PM

do i have to fight for spots for 2nd year majors?

Old 06-13-2011 at 07:36 PM   #1
bkkk_5

Liked: 0 Times

do i have to fight for spots for 2nd year majors?
I've applied 4 majors for 2nd year and got offers from all as shown on the transcrip......now i just heard that i have to accept a major in SOLAR in few hours then pick my courses.

Question is, I want to get into chemical biology, which says that it only accepts 30 student each year, does this mean that i have to log in early and get the spot in that program, like the way we do to fight for spots for easy courses? or are they reserved to the offers they sent out to people? help!! :/
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:43 PM   #2
mcpherba

If you've got an offer, it's yours if you want it. You won't need to fight for it.
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:49 PM   #3
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpherba View Post
If you've got an offer, it's yours if you want it. You won't need to fight for it.
Actually if two people have the exact same credentials and there is only one spot you actually have to fight for that spot -- to the death. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news OP.

Old 06-13-2011 at 07:52 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

There's no "fighting" involved in picking your major, if you got in, you got in, that's it. It's only with respect to courses. They send out a specific number of offers on purpose, otherwise, cut-offs would be much lower.

BlueWave says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-13-2011 at 08:02 PM   #5
bkkk_5

i know that's how they give out offers....but even after i HAVE the acceptance? that means even i'm told that i have been accepted there's no guaranteed spot? :S
Old 06-13-2011 at 08:04 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkk_5 View Post
i know that's how they give out offers....but even after i HAVE the acceptance? that means even i'm told that i have been accepted there's no guaranteed spot? :S
Of course there's a guaranteed spot, that's the whole idea of the "eligible for" offer that you received on Mugsi :/. Unless you decline their offer by choosing another program, they can't take back their offer.
Old 06-13-2011 at 08:07 PM   #7
bkkk_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Of course there's a guaranteed spot, that's the whole idea of the "eligible for" offer that you received on Mugsi :/. Unless you decline their offer by choosing another program, they can't take back their offer.
thank u so much!! that answered my question
Old 06-13-2011 at 08:08 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkk_5 View Post
thank u so much!! that answered my question
No problem . And good luck with SOLAR!