MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment Allana:) First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 09:21 PM
payment Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-23-2010 09:42 PM
About payment sangyeub First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-22-2010 01:33 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment Help! 1mcmas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 37 09-04-2009 01:54 PM

done with payment..now what?

Old 08-19-2008 at 12:52 AM   #1
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

done with payment..now what?
hi..
i already paid my fees through online banking..n hav my confirmation # from my bank..but ny ideas how long does it take to get a confirmation abt it from mac?..also will payment agreement reflect the change??..n when?

n dere was something about sticker i read in some other posts..wat exactly are these for?

n now since i m done wid da payment..wat else do i need to worry about apart from buying the books..nything important to consider?
Old 08-19-2008 at 01:03 AM   #2
Bibo

Liked: 0 Times

If you log on mugsi and click "My Student Accounts & Cashiers to the left, then click on "Account Statement" to the top right, it shows how much you've paid. It does take awhile to update; around a couple days.

I think the sticker/student card is used to get on buses in Hamilton for free.

You should be all set, did you buy a MacPass for welcome week?

Last edited by Bibo : 08-19-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2008 at 03:43 AM   #3
Richa

thanx Bibo..so i checked bout the accnt statement..
at present it gives me my balance in negative...n the amount does not match with my payment...what does it mean?:S
n no i haven't bought a macpass yet..will it be useful enough?
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:15 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Those are probably the scholarship and residence deposit you paid earlier in summer. Not sure how it works, but I think they have to put the money in your account before they take it. So they'll put the money in, but since you are using it for your tuition, they'll take it out afterwards. That's my logical guess anyways, it's the only way that it makes sense to me.
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:21 AM   #5
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

If your account says it's negative, that means they have received some sort of payment (money you have paid + any scholarships). The account statements do not get fully updated until approximately mid-September, so check back later to make sure. At that point, the statement will also give you a full breakdown of your fees and the total.

If the amount does not match with your payment, the school has likely only received money from other sources that are also funding your tuition (e.g. entrance scholarships, other scholarships, possibly OSAP?). Or they have received both yours and the outside funding.

Last edited by nh999 : 08-19-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Richa says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:23 AM   #6
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

depending on how much you are over by, you could have overpaid a bit. If it worries you, take it up with student accounts and cashiers

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 08-19-2008 at 11:27 AM   #7
nh999
Elite Member

Well any money you may have overpaid will be refunded to you, so I wouldn't worry that the university will just eat up your extra money.
Old 08-19-2008 at 03:32 PM   #8
Richa

and what about OSAP procedures?..i am not entirely sure how this thing works...
because i understand that money from osap goes towards my fees..but do i have to pay that after collecting the money from their representatives?..or does it automatically get deposited under my account once i sign the required documents on sept 2nd?
Old 08-19-2008 at 06:05 PM   #9
nh999
Elite Member

Your OSAP should be automatically deposited into your student account (In fact, your OSAP entitlement amount should have appeared on your payment agreement).

Only extra unused OSAP money will be given back to you via cheque/bank card (whatever info you provide for them).