MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Selling: Earth Science 2GG3 book Ruggedman Academics 3 01-14-2010 10:08 PM
Earth Science 2GG3: Natural Disaters blahishness Academics 14 12-27-2009 03:56 PM
Earth Science 2GG3: Natural Disaters AlchemistX Academics 1 07-23-2009 12:25 PM

Earth Science 2GG3

Old 12-17-2010 at 11:23 PM   #46
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Earth Science 2GG3
I had a very difficult time in this class. Please keep in mind that I already took this course under another professor and dropped in halfway through. So it probably shouldn't have been as hard as it was.

I had a lot of problems with this course. The actual content itself was kind of...
Old 08-18-2013 at 08:56 AM   #45
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times
Just took this course with Bernier this past summer term, it was simple and very interesting, final was 100 MC questions and most were very fair, it was worth 40%. There were 11 online quizzes, he took best 10/11, worth 50%. Last 10% was from in class iclicker participation marks.

20/100 Questions on final were about movies that we watched in class.

Great course.
Old 09-28-2013 at 12:49 AM   #46
dkqjwl

Liked: 0 Times
How was the midterm?

I realized the textbk reading entails a lot of detailed contents.

Would I have to know every little details from the textbk readings?
(It contains a lot of examples of different natural disaster cases)
In class, prof just goes over the basic concepts, but never goes into much detail (in comparison to the textbk)
Everyone says it's an easy course. Should I assume that the midterm will be mostly based on the lecture slides?
I have Basik by the way.
Old 01-05-2014 at 06:21 PM   #47
convicting

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Daxberger, H??
How's Dr. DAXBERGER for this course?? hes teaching it this semester
Old 01-07-2014 at 02:08 PM   #48
ghumanm

Liked: 10 Times
Anyone who has taken the course in the last year, is it really as easy as everyone says?
Old 01-08-2014 at 01:36 PM   #49
BilluBarber
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times
new prof cant teach for shit

macbaby07 likes this.
Old 05-23-2014 at 12:41 PM   #50
leafsnation35

Took it in Winter 2014 with Dr. Daxberger..easiest course I've ever taken in undergrad (easier than Earth Sci 2WW3). Breakdown was:

30% - Midterm
30% - (Best 5 out of 6) Quizzes
40% - Final Exam

Both the midterm and final exam was a joke. She literally took questions from an online practice question bank from McGraw Hill Ryerson and put them on assessments. It was a walk in the park. Never went to a single class (except the introductory one) and ended with a 12. The content is dry and it is A LOT but if you memorized the questions from the website, you can easily pull off a 12. On top of all this, she gave 7 bonus marks on the final because she worded questions poorly. Easiest class ever, take it with Dr. Daxberger.
Old 07-01-2014 at 09:31 PM   #51
Shananaghens

Liked: 3 Times
About Dr.Daxberger - Please keep in mind she just finished her PhD and this is her first official teaching position, it's very hard to organize a class of 600 people and she did the best she could. Every prof always has a hard time with the class.

The class itself is very easy, very straightforward quizzes and exam. No labs, no tutorials, just a weekly/biweekly quiz that is open book and you get a few tries.
Old 12-25-2014 at 02:05 AM   #52
SaugaCity

Took this course with Maclachlan.

This guy was an awesome prof, however, he became a bit more difficult than before when I took 2WW3 with him last year. Regardless, this is still a bird course. The quizzes are a joke because you can work on it together with anyone and you have unlimited time - that's basically a free 30% right there (5 quizzes @ 6% each). The midterms were pretty straightforward if you studied and put in a decent amount of effort going through notes. I recommend going to class as he does test stuff that he only mentions in lecture. The exam was probably the hardest in my opinion, but it was still fair! I highly reccommend going to through your quizzes beforehand!

Overall, this course was interesting, but some parts were super boring! However, it was def a bird course, just not as easy as it used to be though! If you are a hardworker who is looking for an easy course which they can get a 10/11/12 in, then this is for you! *Just want to re-iterate the prof is super cool and super nice, he accommodates so much for the students, people take advantage of his kindness! The man dropped like 6 marks from the midterm and my mark just flew up!
Old 01-06-2015 at 09:21 PM   #53
LuFiasco

Would you suggest but
Old 01-06-2015 at 09:21 PM   #54
LuFiasco

Would anyone suggest buying the textbook for this course?
Old 01-02-2016 at 11:46 AM   #55
mm99mm

Liked: 4 Times
any recent reviews?
Old 11-05-2016 at 12:38 AM   #56
TheHound

Took in Winter 2016
Wouldn't recommend this course, very disorganized, hard to understand prof (bernier), has lectures for no reason (no information in lectures is relevant), has a plethora of online modules that you have to get through, questions on the final exam were very random and drawn mostly from modules; which was irritating. However it is still easy to get a 11-12 because of all the online quizzes, which have been discontinued from what I hear and replaced with midterms ...so idk upto u.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search