MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
Easy 3rd year science courses zemianr Academics 8 05-22-2010 04:42 PM
How EASY/HARD is Enviornmental Science 1A03? rated1234 Academics 5 05-17-2010 07:50 PM
Easy Science Electove sweetso Academics 2 05-11-2010 08:24 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM

EASY COURSE in the Life Science list

Old 07-01-2008 at 04:53 PM   #1
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

EASY COURSE in the Life Science list
Hi,

I am a new fall undergradute student of Faculty of Science. I was registering for my courses...and I was wondering how COMPUTER SCIENCE 1MA3, INQUIRY ISC3 and ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE 1A03 are....Which one of them is the easiest....please RANK....thanks

Old 07-01-2008 at 06:57 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

There seems to be this misconception amongst first years that there are courses that are generally 'easy'. They wouldn't be University courses if they were simply easy. Something that comes easy to you, may not come easy to someone else. It is very subjective. Try not to delude yourself into thinking you're going to find an easy class because it may turn out to be the biggest pain in your rear.

That being said, if you haven't already done so, check the reviews section.

Old 04-01-2009 at 10:52 PM   #3
mnk1988

Liked: 0 Times

Inquiry 1SC3 is easy. It can depent on your prof though...but if you go to the class then u can do well
earth sci courses have labs...not always easy

Last edited by mnk1988 : 04-01-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2009 at 09:33 PM   #4
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

I can definitely vouch for what kokosas said about so-called "easy" courses :/

In hindsight, my experience with INQUIRY 1SC3 makes me believe I probably should've dropped it in Term 1 because it is by no means a course with a light workload. The work itself isn't too hard, but the sheer volume of it will make your head spin. Also, content varies with each prof, so the topics you work with over the course of Term 1 and 2 aren't the same for everyone. There is however no exam with Inquiry, but consider your choice carefully if that's the only reason why you're choosing to take it.

One course do recommend taking is KINESIOLOGY 1Y03. It's also a lot of work, but the material is thoroughly interesting and it's very possible to do well in the class if you stay on top of the material. Registration may pose a bit of a problem though, as this course tends to fill up pretty quickly once SOLAR opens.

Best of luck with exams!

{ don't stop the music }

Last edited by Moo!io : 04-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2009 at 01:12 AM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

I find environmental science 1a03 horrible but most of my friends seem to enjoy it. I guess it's pretty easy but the topics were pretty boring. (weather)
Old 04-08-2009 at 08:45 PM   #6
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Environmental Science 1A03 is a great course! The prof is probably the best I have... he's understanding and down to earth.. and weather boring? Please... you experience it everyday... like learning why the sky is blue is pretty cool and its not all about weather.. you do learn about envrionmental issues which people need to be aware of.
Old 07-29-2009 at 08:30 PM   #7
c.thomson

Liked: 4 Times

It COMPLETELY depends on what kind of learner you are. If I were you I would try to get your hands on the syllabus so that you can see how the courses are laid out. Some people find it better to have more weighting on tests, while other will do better on assignments.

That being said, I don't think that you should be choosing courses based only on level of ease. First year Science is by no means easy, and so by choosing to go into sciences you should expect to be taking difficult courses.

Someone elses opinion of any easy course is worthless, if I were you I would look through the booklet that they sent you and read the descriptions, see what interests you. There is more to life than grade grubbing, and you are spending $500 to take the course, so you should really make it worth your while. In addition, if you're taking something that you're interested in than you will find it easier to spend time working on it, and you may find that by doing so, you actual end up doing well in the course.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:02 AM   #8
jaucep

Liked: 0 Times

Envir sci 1a03!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:26 AM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnk1988 View Post
Inquiry 1SC3 is easy. It can depent on your prof though...but if you go to the class then u can do well
earth sci courses have labs...not always easy
Just to clarify. The Inquiry Science course 1SC3 is not offered for the upcoming year!
Old 07-31-2009 at 03:07 PM   #10
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

why is that? :( I was so looking forward to this course!!!
Old 07-31-2009 at 03:20 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishk33 View Post
why is that? :( I was so looking forward to this course!!!
I know! Me too :(. Haven't found anything about it on the undergrad calendar, it just says "NOT OFFERED." :(.. Maybe one of the upper years knows something about it?
Old 07-31-2009 at 04:19 PM   #12
Inferno

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I know! Me too :(. Haven't found anything about it on the undergrad calendar, it just says "NOT OFFERED." :(.. Maybe one of the upper years knows something about it?
I believe they are not offering it anymore because of the implementation of the new Integrated Science program, which focuses heavily on Inquiry and research-based learning. Correct me if I'm wrong.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Inferno for this post.
Old 08-16-2009 at 07:44 PM   #13
crys.eg

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I believe they are not offering it anymore because of the implementation of the new Integrated Science program, which focuses heavily on Inquiry and research-based learning. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you mayy have a point there