MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Econ 1B03/1BB3 AnguishedEnd Academics 3 06-06-2010 11:05 AM
Econ 1bb3/1b03 + Aplia Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 26 09-07-2009 03:48 PM
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM
Econ 1B03 or 1BB3 mmal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-27-2008 12:09 PM

Econ 1B03 and ECON 1BB3

Old 07-01-2008 at 04:40 PM   #16
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

No you don't need any math pre-req's to take either Ecn 1B03 or 1BB3. For any class, including Econ, check the Undergraduate Calendar to find out course pre-req's.
Old 07-01-2008 at 05:06 PM   #17
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks so much for the answer and the link.

On a side note, if i decide to major in economics and whatnot, then i will need a stats and calc from second year onwards correct?
Old 07-01-2008 at 06:17 PM   #18
samantha__
Elite Member

Yeppers
Old 07-02-2008 at 12:27 AM   #19
Ruggedman

Can i select electives from other programs such as humanities or whatnot? Or does it have to consist from the list given in Social Science course 1 list?
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:09 AM   #20
samantha__
Elite Member

Anything you want to take you can take, as long as you have the pre-requisites.
Old 06-23-2009 at 10:54 PM   #21
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

is econ1b03 better than econ1bb3? i felt like more people liked bb3 better..
and how were the midterms and exams set?
Old 06-23-2009 at 11:48 PM   #22
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
is econ1b03 better than econ1bb3? i felt like more people liked bb3 better..
and how were the midterms and exams set?
I'm not sure how you would define which course is better. Personally, I felt Econ 1B03 (Microeconomics) was a bit easier than Econ 1BB3 (Macroeconomics).

That being said, the material in both classes is similar up until the first midterm. After that, it differentiates into their respective fields (Micro/Macro).

In the end though, these two courses rank #2 and #3 on my list of the easiest courses I took in University thus far, so I'm sure you'll find them both okay as long as you have some interest in the topic of economics.

Richa says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-23-2009 at 11:51 PM   #23
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

thanks PTGregD for the reply
I haven't taken any of the economics courses ever before..so you think i would be fine taking econ1b03? the rating for it was pretty low though..which is freaking me out rt now :S
Old 06-23-2009 at 11:57 PM   #24
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
thanks PTGregD for the reply
I haven't taken any of the economics courses ever before..so you think i would be fine taking econ1b03? the rating for it was pretty low though..which is freaking me out rt now :S
Both 1B03 and 1BB3 are meant for people who have never learned anything about economics. This means that the class will make sure that it teaches you the fundamentals so that you aren't confused.

I would recommend taking 1B03 first (ESPECIALLY if it is being taught by Hannah Holmes, because she is an amazing professor for the course), because the pace is a bit slower and microeconomics is a bit less complicated material wise.

I'm sure you'll do fine as long as you apply yourself. Just make sure to keep up with the readings and you'll be set.

Richa says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-24-2009 at 09:26 AM   #25
Stephy

i've only taken econ 1bb3 and found it to be pretty easy...theres usually 2 midterms/tests (held on saturdays) that are multiple choice and short answers...it never took me more than an hour to finish. The final was fair ( and i didnt even have time to study for it) There was a limited amount of short answer questions which i was a fan of. I'm taking econ 1b03 this year...all my business friends say its the easier of the two...boring, but its a good place to start! I took economics all throughout highschool so it may have helped me to understand some concepts more clearly...but in general they teach it as if no one in the class has any knoweldge of economics. You'll see that a lot of material is common sense. People usually do well in these courses as long as they stay on top of the assignments.

Good luck!

Richa, _Luu_ all say thanks to Stephy for this post.