Econ 3K03

Econ 3K03
Monetary Economics
Published by Kudos
02-18-2014
Published by
Elite Member

Econ 3K03

I took this class with Sen Gupta in winter 2013. She has got to be my least favourite human in the economics department at Mac, but our personality conflicts were not the reason this course was lacking.

The material is fairly dry -- the banking system, stocks/bonds, different kinds of interest rates, government policies that can stimulate growth, etc. It was entirely macro-based.

The breakdown was two midterms (the better of which was worth 30% with the other worth 15%) and a final worth 55%. I find her tests challenging but not impossible; if you go to class regularly and pay attention, it should be fairly easy to guess what she will focus on (particularly for the short answer questions). If you tend to miss class, however, it's pretty much impossible to determine because she will test on things that aren't alluded to whatsoever in the lecture skeletons on Avenue or the textbook. Basically, skipping this class is not smart, which brings me to my next point: I cannot stand the way Sen Gupta lectures, I find her incredibly annoying and she is very, VERY anti-cellphone (which I can get behind, but still not a plus in my books).

I'd recommend the class if it were taught by someone else. I did fairly well and promptly forgot everything I learned. Oh well.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Econ 3K03!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search