Econ 3T03

Econ 3T03
Development Economics
Published by Kudos
02-18-2014
Published by
Elite Member

Econ 3T03

I took this class in summer 2013 with Shadab Qaiser. It is the easiest level 3 course I've taken at Mac, but beware of who is teaching - Demidova and Sen Gupta have both taught this class and I believe all three teach it quite differently and use different textbooks.

Dr. Qaiser told us right from the beginning that she didn't care if we all got 12s. Cool!

The class covered topics related to international macroeconomics. We looked at developing countries, different standards for development, health, education, GDP per capita. We looked at theories of development and the history of development, including western interventions. The subject matter was very interesting.

The breakdown was 40% midterm, 60% final. Both were pretty easy because Qaiser posted pretty complete lecture notes and also would pause in the middle of a concept to let us know if it would be a focus on the exams. We basically didn't need the textbook at all.

Qaiser is a super nice lady, but lectures kind of oddly. She doesn't have the best grasp of English and this was very noticeable in her test questions, which could be hard to understand sometimes. I don't think she had a TA, so some of the blame may lie there.

My roommate took this class with Demidova and also did extremely well in it but it was practically a different class (including weekly problem sets).
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Econ 3T03!

Old 06-12-2014 at 03:37 PM   #2
alexli_5
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times
Can u tell me what the format was for the midterm and final? Thx.
Old 06-24-2014 at 05:15 PM   #3
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times
All multiple choice. Nothing too strenuous!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search