MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
science elective in program requirements fusionorchid Academics 1 08-08-2011 09:02 PM
Didn't make the program requirements - what can I do? Vaness Academics 3 10-17-2010 10:48 AM
Program Requirements... Toast Academics 1 06-14-2010 02:28 AM
Question about Honours History program requirements rebeccaaa Academics 2 06-11-2010 09:33 AM
Electives Vs. Requirements (Balance) goodnews.inc Academics 37 07-03-2009 11:09 AM

Electives and Program requirements

Old 08-18-2011 at 08:25 PM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Electives and Program requirements
My program says that i need to have 36 units for secind year chem eng. out of which i have 2 electives which are a total of 6 units.

Do I need to take the electives right now or can i go it some time b4 i graduate? (Coz i really cant find a spot in any of them)

Any help would really be appreciated

Thnx alot!

John
Old 08-18-2011 at 08:32 PM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

i dont know about your program... but usually you have the four years to fulfill the requirements... if you do need to take them in a certain year it usually has a note along the lines of "Completion of COURSE 2AA3 by the end of Level X is recommended/required"
Old 08-18-2011 at 08:33 PM   #3
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

You don't need the electives to move onto second year. You can move on without them, as long as you take them sometime before you graduate. You may want to take them this year though, if you pick something like econ 1B03 and 1BB3 it can seriously boost your average. The higher the average, the better chance you have of getting into your choice of program (for regular chem in my year it was just a 4 (c-), the minimum to stay in eng though so I wouldn't really worry about it)

Try picking up the econs in night classes if you really want electives but feel you don't have room.
Best of luck.

Last edited by KAB:) : 08-18-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2011 at 08:34 PM   #4
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
i dont know about your program... but usually you have the four years to fulfill the requirements... if you do need to take them in a certain year it usually has a note along the lines of "Completion of COURSE 2AA3 by the end of Level X is recommended/required"
First year eng is a little different. You just need to do them eventually.
Old 08-18-2011 at 09:40 PM   #5
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB:) View Post
You don't need the electives to move onto second year. You can move on without them, as long as you take them sometime before you graduate. You may want to take them this year though, if you pick something like econ 1B03 and 1BB3 it can seriously boost your average. The higher the average, the better chance you have of getting into your choice of program (for regular chem in my year it was just a 4 (c-), the minimum to stay in eng though so I wouldn't really worry about it)

Try picking up the econs in night classes if you really want electives but feel you don't have room.
Best of luck.
Hey Kim, I worded my question wrong

Im moving into second year (I did take Micro and Macro )

btw, thanx alot for the advice